OT: Sonny Fox - RIP

Never heard of any of these guys....Fox, Tanner(does sound familiar though), Rogers. Only Sonny I knew was Sonny Hirsch.

I think most of those guys were after my time. My family left Miami a long time ago.

I still say they should bring Hirsch back to do the broadcasts....prop up the cadaver and bring in a ventriloquist. If he was cremated, put the urn on the desk in front of the microphone.

Be creative.

Why dig up Sonny Hirsch when Jay Rokeach is still around?

I know you're a bit older, but I'm surprised you don't remember Neil Rogers, he was on Miami radio from 1976 onward.

Sonny Fox also started in Miami radio in the 70s, first at WSHE, then at Y-100.

Advertisement
What was Ted Hendricks like?
Well he showed up as an afterthought with flip flops and no clubs. My pro player partner was Bob Modica who turned out to be an equipment manager and was back at the facility washing jock straps. Don Shula was the other Pro player in our group and when he found out who my partner was he laughed and said "I'll find you a player" and he recruited Ted. They found him some clubs and shoes. The guy could not play golf. **** he whiffed on the 1st tee a few times and went back to the cart. Dude was wasted, but entertaining. When the rain cut the tournament short after 6 holes we all retreated to the clubhouse. That was when the party started. I am quite sure Ted did not remember much about that day, but I do. Sonny and I ended up splitting our 3 man tab, as Ted had to even borrow a quarter to mark his ball. Every part of that day was a highlight and a hoot. Sonny was one hilarious barmate and was poking Ted all day. He knew stories.

Last edited:
Well he showed up as an afterthought with flip flops and no clubs. My pro player partner was Bob Modica who turned out to be an equipment manager and was back at the facility washing jock straps. Don Shula was the other Pro player in our group and when he found out who my partner was he laughed and said "I'll find you a player" and he recruited Ted. They found him some clubs and shoes. The guy could not play golf. **** he whiffed on the 1st tee a few times and went back to the cart. Dude was wasted, but entertaining. When the rain cut the tournament short after 6 holes we all retreated to the clubhouse. That was when the party started. I am quite sure Ted did not remember much about that day, but I do. Sonny and I ended up splitting our 3 man tab, as Ted had to even borrow a quarter to mark his ball. Every part of that day was a highlight and a hoot. Sonny was one hilarious barmate and was poking Ted all day. He knew stories.
Dude, awesome! LMAO thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
Why dig up Sonny Hirsch when Jay Rokeach is still around?

I know you're a bit older, but I'm surprised you don't remember Neil Rogers, he was on Miami radio from 1976 onward.

Sonny Fox also started in Miami radio in the 70s, first at WSHE, then at Y-100.
I moved from Miami in 1963.

Advertisement
Back