OT: Snoop Dogg vs. DMX

Imma keep it real in this versus format ..its hard pressed to find a rapper that can beat snoop.

Didnt watch it..but most ppl on my tl and social media had snoop easy in this one as expected. They even said snoop was looking out...taking it easy.

Cribby is definitely tripping. Dude definitely is a caricature..but he is talented as ****. Snoop dropped a gospel and reggae album...like wtf lmao.

Hes had hits without dre..so let's get that out the way for any that just associate his stuff to dre..also if u know dressed background u know he was jacking or just stamping his name on some of the young producers beats. Daz being one of em.

Advertisement
Snoop was terrific on the Chronic and Doggystyle then below mediocre on everything else...especially the septic tank filling stuff will with No Limit records.

Imma keep it real in this versus format ..its hard pressed to find a rapper that can beat snoop.

Didnt watch it..but most ppl on my tl and social media had snoop easy in this one as expected. They even said snoop was looking out...taking it easy.

Cribby is definitely tripping. Dude definitely is a caricature..but he is talented as ****. Snoop dropped a gospel and reggae album...like wtf lmao.

Hes had hits without dre..so let's get that out the way for any that just associate his stuff to dre..also if u know dressed background u know he was jacking or just stamping his name on some of the young producers beats. Daz being one of em.

I’ve literally never met anyone that says Snoop had two good albums , it’s always doggystyle , some singles and features. He’s put out a ton of trash. He’s ok , his real talent is talk game and hustling. Dudes an entertainer, That can’t be doubted but as a rap artist very meh. Dmx bodies him every day of the week , his first three albums obliterates all of snoops albums combined.

If that’s trippin a large portion of the hip hop world is trippin. We’ll just have to disagree on this one my guy.

Snoop was terrific on the Chronic and Doggystyle then below mediocre on everything else...especially the septic tank filling stuff will with No Limit records.

Bingo. Doggystyle and features.

Take away doggystyle and it’s an all time great cesspool of doo doo albums.

I’ve literally never met anyone that says Snoop had two good albums , it’s always doggystyle , some singles and features. He’s put out a ton of trash. He’s ok , his real talent is talk game and hustling. Dudes an entertainer, That can’t be doubted but as a rap artist very meh. Dmx bodies him every day of the week , his first three albums obliterates all of snoops albums combined.

If that’s trippin a large portion of the hip hop world is trippin. We’ll just have to disagree on this one my guy.

Yea imma go with NO as DMX doesnt have an album as good as Doggystyle.

- I do like x's early work though.

Snoop is who he is. Like yall said....SINGLES and Features....but in a VERSUZ.,...they arent battling Albums...they are though going singles or hit 4 hit....You likely cant name more than 3 rappers that can go to war with Snoop...X wasnt 1 of em.

Also him signing to No limit brought us songs like: Down 4 my N*ggaz which is a classic song..thats almost a throw away for him in a versuz battle. That No Limit Top Dogg album is actually pretty good.

Advertisement
Yea imma go with NO as DMX doesnt have an album as good as Doggystyle.

- I do like x's early work though.

Snoop is who he is. Like yall said....SINGLES and Features....but in a VERSUZ.,...they arent battling Albums...they are though going singles or hit 4 hit....You likely cant name more than 3 rappers that can go to war with Snoop...X wasnt 1 of em.

Also him signing to No limit brought us songs like: Down 4 my N*ggaz which is a classic song..thats almost a throw away for him in a versuz battle. That No Limit Top Dogg album is actually pretty good.

X's most garbage album is better than anything Snoop made after Doggystyle...F...A...C...T...S...!...!...!

Doggystyle is better than any single X album. But you’re right, combined it’s not close, Darkman wins...

Doggystyle is better than any single X album. But you’re right, combined it’s not close, Darkman wins...

Snoop makes better singles/hits...quite easily too.

Hes from, Cali and makes cali music on his albums...if u dont vibe to that type of music u might not get it.

x's albums were usually put together real good.

Snoop makes better singles/hits...quite easily too.

Hes from, Cali and makes cali music on his albums...if u dont vibe to that type of music u might not get it.

x's albums were usually put together real good.

I respect you, that’s no secret. But aside from The Chronic and Doggystyle singles, what has snoop done? I will admit that that best of Snoop beats the best of X. But the best of Snoop was short lived. Again my opinion.

And as for Cali music, I was almost disowned for my love of Death Row and Ruthless....

Advertisement
I respect you, that’s no secret. But aside from The Chronic and Doggystyle singles, what has snoop done? I will admit that that best of Snoop beats the best of X. But the best of Snoop was short lived. Again my opinion.

And as for Cali music, I was almost disowned for my love of Death Row and Ruthless....

Shortlived?. dude over 30 years still puttng out listenable music.

After Doggy style...

He had probably two of the biggest songs ever with Pharell.

Now it sound like im capping for him..but im not even a huge snoop guy..but being real with it, Dude put in major work.

Shortlived?. dude over 30 years still puttng out listenable music.

After Doggy style...

He had probably two of the biggest songs ever with Pharell.

Now it sound like im capping for him..but im not even a huge snoop guy..but being real with it, Dude put in major work.

This is where I say I respect your opinion...but his **** with Pharrell was trash, TO ME.

I used to love Snoop. But to me he didn’t have staying power in terms of skill.

This is what makes hip hop discussions great...unless you don’t think Chris Wallace is #1! 😏

This is where I say I respect your opinion...but his **** with Pharrell was trash, TO ME.

I used to love Snoop. But to me he didn’t have staying power in terms of skill.

This is what makes hip hop discussions great...unless you don’t think Chris Wallace is #1! 😏

They were HITS though with Pharell. Went for the female fan base and got em.

Whats scary or bad is think Jay z would have atough time with snoop n a versuz.

Im a huge Biggie fan..one of the best flows ever....

Agreed snoop was never the overly lyrical guy...but that never was his thng...i think his skill is dude just knows how to swtch things up in order to stay relevant. He also has a good ear too...first time i heard of Nipsey Hussle was because of snoop shoutng him out or mentioning him in an interview.

They were HITS though with Pharell. Went for the female fan base and got em.

Whats scary or bad is think Jay z would have atough time with snoop n a versuz.

Im a huge Biggie fan..one of the best flows ever....

Agreed snoop was never the overly lyrical guy...but that never was his thng...i think his skill is dude just knows how to swtch things up in order to stay relevant. He also has a good ear too...first time i heard of Nipsey Hussle was because of snoop shoutng him out or mentioning him in an interview.

I see what your saying and I respect it. I agree with you about HITS. Just not to me. Feel me?

And to me, through DS snoop was a lyricist, an amazing lyricist.

I’ve always been team NAS, But Jay would crush snoop in a head up IMO.

Advertisement
When these verses are being done the artist shouldn’t be allowed to use features. DMX smokes snoops if it’s songs without features. For instance snoop can’t play 187 on an undercover cop or beautiful with Pharrell cuz he’s not on the song by himself. This needs to be a rule going forward. Just my 2 cents.

Great battle, enjoyed it more than the Kiss/Fab matchup. Snoop has some certified classics under his belt, his bangers from the 90s still sound fresh today. He was having a jolly ol time and was even hypemanning X. Got goosebumps when X did Slippin, one of the most raw and emotional songs eve. I’m just glad X is still alive and from the looks of it he’s been eating good. He’s one guy you always keep an eye out for in the news headlines hoping nothing bad has happened to.

Not a Snoop fan. Doggystyle's a classic. He can thank Dr. Dre for that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back