OT: Snoop Dogg vs. DMX

This Jay-Z slander needs to stop. "Dead Presidents" I and II are both great songs, as are many more Jay-Z tracks. His verse on Missy Elliott's "Is That Yo *****?" is one of the best IMO.

Big L > Jay Z. If he doesn’t die the game would’ve changed. And I stand by my jay z comment my fine sir .

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s had some good features but dude found a niche. A way to make good money while getting paid to be snoop dog. He’s had one good album and that’s when I was 14. I’m 42 now lol.

Just go look at a snoop discography,its comical. Pound for pound he’s put out more trash in over 30 years than anyone in history. It would be a dumpster full....easily.

He’s a hustler and got good talk game but musically ....not so much.

Agreed, but that first album had so many big hits. Regardless, what a cool vs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Snoop w the easy W. Wasn't even close, and X is no lightweight. Matter of fact, I think Snoop took it easy on X to make it fair.

Snoop is an icon. DMX catalog will wash 90 % of any rappers, and he couldn't hang w Snoop.

And then the OG starts freestyling unprompted at the end? Legend.

We really don't appreciate him like we should. Dudes been in the game 4 decades. I think maybe only LL is on his level.

I didn't see the battle but i've seen enough of snoop to know his versatility is probably unmatched. He can get on anything with anyone, effortlessly, freestyles without fear and has charisma with a unique flow.

Advertisement
Snoop straight up murdered him tonight but what a great show.

Snoop started with Dre. After the initial push - much of his stuff was trash. Anytime people think of Snoop they think of Dr. Dre. Snoop was part of a movement designed by one of the greatest producers of our time. DMX simply came in and man handled the game with HIS style. Not via the influence of someone like Dre.

I fuggs with Snoop. Real spit. But, I got mad respect for X.

I'll agree on the caricature point, but I think you're selling his musical output short. Dude has legitimately never spit a wack verse.

To each his own tho. Hip hop heads I was watching w actually grew up w X as THE. MAN. We all had Snoop pretty easily.

Nobody is LL. Not even Jay imo. Impossible bar, but I'd put Snoop in that class.

Nah bruh
Snoop can’t be out here rapping about being a gangsta no more. He’s evolved into a grown man. Went soul searching along the way and wrote about it all. Gotta respect that.

Snoop started with Dre. After the initial push - much of his stuff was trash. Anytime people think of Snoop they think of Dr. Dre. Snoop was part of a movement designed by one of the greatest producers of our time. DMX simply came in and man handled the game with HIS style. Not via the influence of someone like Dre.

I fuggs with Snoop. Real spit. But, I got mad respect for X.
Agree with you 100%.
Just thought Snoop was the better showman tonight, but that’s all.
90% of Snoop’s solo work is straight garbage.

Advertisement
I didn't see the battle but i've seen enough of snoop to know his versatility is probably unmatched. He can get on anything with anyone, effortlessly, freestyles without fear and has charisma with a unique flow.
8755980c6a2afcf734283b6bb0df8590.jpg

Snoop ain’t even go in his bag...dub easily..waiting Wayne to Vs someone..with DJ Drama as his DJ

Advertisement
Back