OT: Snoop Dogg vs. DMX

CANEMC

⭐️⭐️ Extra Premium
Who won? One of the best battles yet.

1595523334746.png

Advertisement
Snoop w the easy W. Wasn't even close, and X is no lightweight. Matter of fact, I think Snoop took it easy on X to make it fair.

Snoop is an icon. DMX catalog will wash 90 % of any rappers, and he couldn't hang w Snoop.

And then the OG starts freestyling unprompted at the end? Legend.

We really don't appreciate him like we should. Dudes been in the game 4 decades. I think maybe only LL is on his level.

Advertisement
I had Snoop with a very slim W. Could have went either way IMO. Regardless, it was great and 1 of the best VERZUZ yet.

Good vibes.

Props to snoop for staying main stream and finding a niche but his music was awful, after doggy style it was all trash. Dmx put out straight up bangers , his first three albums were good from the first song to the last.

Exactly

Snoop has lived off his first album, features, and hanging out with Martha Stewart

Advertisement
Goin in for some reason ALOT of people felt Snoop would just wash DMX. (Completely understand Snoop catalog is vast and overwhelming for dam near 99% of artist, has three pop hit #1 and 11 top 10 while DMX has none which is shocking) But goin in DMX has a couple things that people underestimated, he got Swizz in his corner who owns verzus and understands the format (you not fighting snoop entire catalogue, pick the right songs, dont chase his undeniable win songs with one of your bigger records, etc.) he got high energy records/street anthems (those play well in this format), X is a legend in his own right, those first few albums are front to back classics.

Snoop started out on fire, many probably had it 5-1 or even 6-0 all snoop, then the dogg started playing with his food with off song selection (many have lost this way) and X was able to come all the way back and take lead. How it ended is up for debate, I got snoop closing it out and pulling narrow victory but wouldnt look at anyone sideways if they called a tie or said X won. It was an INSTANT classic tho, The energy was live, Snoop dancing, X when he dropped "slippin" and Snoop followed with murder was the case dam man . Real hip hop ****. The bonus freestyling in OT. No PC sjw BS. What a night. Best Verzus they have put together, gonna be hard to top unless they bringing people from the dead back.

Exactly

Snoop has lived off his first album, features, and hanging out with Martha Stewart

He’s had some good features but dude found a niche. A way to make good money while getting paid to be snoop dog. He’s had one good album and that’s when I was 14. I’m 42 now lol.

Just go look at a snoop discography,its comical. Pound for pound he’s put out more trash in over 30 years than anyone in history. It would be a dumpster full....easily.

He’s a hustler and got good talk game but musically ....not so much.

Goin in for some reason ALOT of people felt Snoop would just wash DMX. (Completely understand Snoop catalog is vast and overwhelming for dam near 99% of artist, has three pop hit #1 and 11 top 10 while DMX has none which is shocking) But goin in DMX has a couple things that people underestimated, he got Swizz in his corner who owns verzus and understands the format (you not fighting snoop entire catalogue, pick the right songs, dont chase his undeniable win songs with one of your bigger records, etc.) he got high energy records/street anthems (those play well in this format), X is a legend in his own right, those first few albums are front to back classics.

Snoop started out on fire, many probably had it 5-1 or even 6-0 all snoop, then the dogg started playing with his food with off song selection (many have lost this way) and X was able to come all the way back and take lead. How it ended is up for debate, I got snoop closing it out and pulling narrow victory but wouldnt look at anyone sideways if they called a tie or said X won. It was an INSTANT classic tho, The energy was live, Snoop dancing, X when he dropped "slippin" dam man. Real hip hop ****. The bonus freestyling in OT. No PC sjw BS. What a night. Best Verzus they have put together, gonna be hard to top unless they bringing people from the dead back.

Dmx was my guy.

Dude wasn’t a lyrical genius but he had a 2 pac feel with the emotion and power to his songs, you felt something. You felt his pain , inner battles , spirituality , dealing with losing his grandmother etc.

I saw him on the Chris rock show doing promo for it’s dark and **** is hot. I was instantly hooked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dmx was my guy.

Dude wasn’t a lyrical genius but he had a 2 pac feel with the emotion and power to his songs, you felt something. You felt his pain , inner battles , spirituality , dealing with losing his grandmother etc.

I saw him on the Chris rock show doing promo for it’s dark and he’ll is hot. I was instantly hooked.
After Kanye (hate to admit that) and Jay, DMX might be the most played artist on my phone. Straight workout music. He's Mike Tyson. He had a dominant run, but it was a flash.

But Snoop is in that Ali/Mayweather class. It's hard to go compete against a 30 year catalog. No shame in that. Put it like this. These are the songs Snoop didn't even get to last night off the top of my head.

Holidae Inn
Say Somethin
All I Do Is Win
***** Please 2
Got Beef
G'd Up
Let Me Ride
New York New York
What's My Name Pt. 2
Let's Get Blown
That's That ****
Gangsta Luv
Young, Wild & Free
Sensual Seduction
Boss' Life
WW3
Lodi Dodi

For X, biggest omission was One More Road to Cross, Damien, and the Rollin Remix.

Last edited:
After Kanye (hate to admit that) and Jay, DMX might be the most played artist on my phone. Straight workout music. He's Mike Tyson. He had a dominant run, but it was a flash.

But Snoop is in that Ali/Mayweather class. It's hard to go compete against a 30 year catalog. No shame in that. Put it like this. These are the songs Snoop didn't even get to last night off the top of my head.

Holidae Inn
Say Somethin
All I Do Is Win
***** Please 2
Got Beef
G'd Up
Let Me Ride
New York New York
What's My Name Pt. 2
Let's Get Blown
That's That ****
Gangsta Luv
Young, Wild & Free
Sensual Seduction
Boss' Life
WW3
Lodi Dodi

For X, biggest omission was One More Road to Cross, Damien, and the Rollin Remix.

Snoop could have battled with only songs from the Doggystyle album. One of the greatest albums of all-time. He didn't play Lil Ghetto Boy from the Chronic either and he went ballistic on that.

Advertisement

Holidae Inn
Say Somethin
All I Do Is Win
***** Please 2
Got Beef
G'd Up
Let Me Ride
New York New York
What's My Name Pt. 2
Let's Get Blown
That's That ****
Gangsta Luv
Young, Wild & Free
Sensual Seduction
Boss' Life
WW3
Lodi Dodi

Snoops longevity is based more on selling out , becoming a caricature of himself. Which I’m not mad at , I would too, but it’s not because he’s been putting out good music. He’s rarely donthat. Features is the only thing I can give him a little credit on.

I run with a bunch of hip hop heads from the 90’s and we all said dmx in a landslide. Nobody thought much of snoop.

Respect for hanging around and finding a niche but he’s no LL lol.

Snoops longevity is based more on selling out , becoming a caricature of himself. Which I’m not mad at , I would too, but it’s not because he’s been putting out good music. He’s rarely donthat. Features is the only thing I can give him a little credit on.

I run with a bunch of hip hop heads from the 90’s and we all said dmx in a landslide. Nobody thought much of snoop.

Respect for hanging around and finding a niche but he’s no LL lol.
I'll agree on the caricature point, but I think you're selling his musical output short. Dude has legitimately never spit a wack verse.

To each his own tho. Hip hop heads I was watching w actually grew up w X as THE. MAN. We all had Snoop pretty easily.

Nobody is LL. Not even Jay imo. Impossible bar, but I'd put Snoop in that class.

Props to snoop for staying main stream and finding a niche but his music was awful, after doggy style it was all trash. Dmx put out straight up bangers , his first three albums were good from the first song to the last.

@Cribby PREACH

DMX is in another pantheon. PERIOD. This guy dropped “it’s dark and **** is hot” when EVERYTHING in rap was trying to go mainstream (see: Jay-Z in my lifetime vol. 1).

Puffy and bad boy had everything on lock. The Hitmen were making club bangers for days that were also crossover pop hits, and it was all about “shiny suits”, jewelry, and flashy cars.

At the PEAK of that movement, DMX said “let me borrow that mic”....no wait, he straight up said THATS MY MIC PUNK and kicked the f’n door down with a style not seen before or since. Surely influenced by Gravediggaz (horrorcore) amongst many other artists, he straight up took it to a new level.

Lyrical-check
Charisma-check
Flow-check
Original style-check
Storytelling-check

Snoop has 1 all time album and a few that r solid. He might be inflated in many people’s eyes because he has been featured on so many classic tracks-which he absolutely brought heat on.

DMX had two...TWO albums debut at #1 in the SAME YEAR.

HIS FIRST 5 albums debuted at ONE.

Anyone needing a history lesson, go to youtube and watch his performance at wood stock ‘99.

Yeah I don't know the last time I listened to a Snoop song but DMX is on my running play list.

Advertisement
Back