OT: Shoegaze fans

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the last two and a half years I’ve been fortunate to see MBV, Slowdive, Lush, Swervedriver, Nothing, and Ride live. Also Brian Jonestown massacre if you count some of their early stuff as on genre.

Advertisement
In the last two and a half years I’ve been fortunate to see MBV, Slowdive, Lush, Swervedriver, Nothing, and Ride live. Also Brian Jonestown massacre if you count some of their early stuff as on genre.
BJM is good stuff. Methdrone is awesome. Have you ever seen the documentary Dig?

This is a thread I can get behind during this crazy OT time.

Anyone else listen to DIIV?

Last edited:
Swervedriver from the 90s? Saw them a few times back in the day. Same Swervedriver?

Advertisement
Swervedriver from the 90s? Saw them a few times back in the day. Same Swervedriver?
Indeed. Tiny bar, show was terrible, but it had been on my list for years and wasn’t going to miss the opportunity.
This is a thread I can get behind during this crazy OT time.

Anyone else listen to DIIV?
Definitely!

BJM is good stuff. Methdrone is awesome. Have you ever seen the documentary Dig?
For sure, And recommend it to anyone who hasn’t. I like both bands though, and have spent a decent amount of time in Courtney’s wine bar, but have seen BJM more times. Methodrone is one of my favorite albums.

My Bloody Valentine!

In all honesty, I’m way more into alternative/grunge like the Pixies and all that crap.

Advertisement
Wow, never thought I'd see a shoegaze thread here. I'm a big music video collector, and happen to have a lot of great old masters directly from the record labels. Not commercially available anywhere. Here, check this out, a My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow MPEG-2 encode (DVD compliant) with replaced audio right from compact disc. Much better quality than you can find on YouTube or other streaming sites:

Direct link to download video: https://mega.nz/#!4MlzUSCI!FbKR6mQqJraYPHKcPQTWAt5jzrWvk2QJr9-gzNnebGA

Advertisement
Back