OT - San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWCD

Junior
Next week, my wife and I are going to San Antonio. She has a work conference for a couple of days there, and we're just going for the week - neither of us have ever been there.

We're going to go to the Alamo (have to see the basement, lol), and we're staying on the Riverwalk which looks like there's tons to do in that area. Fiesta starts on the 18th and they've got a bunch of events scheduled.

So...besides those things, any suggestions for places to go/things to do?

EDIT - saw that Spurs/Nuggets play on Thursday/Saturday of next week. Might try to catch one of those games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Next week, my wife and I are going to San Antonio. She has a work conference for a couple of days there, and we're just going for the week - neither of us have ever been there.

We're going to go to the Alamo (have to see the basement, lol), and we're staying on the Riverwalk which looks like there's tons to do in that area. Fiesta starts on the 18th and they've got a bunch of events scheduled.

EDIT - saw that Spurs/Nuggets play on Thursday/Saturday of next week. Might try to catch one of those games.

I live in San Antonio currently. I don't venture downtown too much to be perfectly honest (live on the Northwest side by UTSA). Breakfast Tacos are a must. Think there is a place downtown area called Pete's Tako House that has good breakfast tacos. Rosario's is pretty good too. Hope you like Tex Mex food.

Advertisement
One must guard that which they hold valuable.

Goes for you too.
Meh. I lived there 5 years and worked and lived on the Riverwalk. Never had an issue. If you're in the thick of Fiesta like at the clambake or German Fest, sure, be vigilant like in any big crowd but honestly it's not that crazy as far as pitpocketers and such.

Haven't been there since Air Force Basic Training. Pass through it as a truck driver. It was a hot ************; I remember that.

Saw The Alamo. Looked strange surrounded by so many modern buildings.

About 150 miles south is Laredo, but seeing how you are going with your wife, well, you do not need to go down there. xD

Boudreaus (sp?) have the made in front of you fresh guacamole and the prickly pear martgaritas. Make reservations as it is always packed. Every entre I have ever had is fabulous, but the two forementioned items are top of category. Is very near the Marriott and the Alamo.

Advertisement
Do you like to golf? TCP San Antonio is awesome. I played there for the first time a few weeks ago.
I do, but I don't think the sticks are making the trip. Thanks for the good word though.

Thanks for the food suggestions so far guys, I appreciate it. I'll definitely look into all of those. I love some Mexican food, Tex-Mex and such. Looking forward to enjoying the best of that.

Advertisement
I've been one time and it is a cool city. I enjoyed the river walk and the Alamo. Some really great restaurants as well.

All I know is they got some big ole women there and that creek is dirty

Its the 5th ranked most obese city in US.

Great running/biking trails built in response.

Riverwalk is great. Go to ****s...staff is supposed to insult you, and your wife can leave her bra tacked to the ceiling.

If you are there for a week, rent a car and head to 6th street in Austin for a night.

Been there a few times, not by choice, it's meh, like they've said the River Walk and that is it outside of the Alamo, and the Alamo though historically cool to visit, is amazing how small it is lol.

In all seriousness:

For breakfast Magnolia Pancake Haus, the wait is insane but worth it
Beto's Alt Mex (formerly Beto's on Broadway)
Bun N Barrel
Morrocan Bites - crappy strip mall but food is great
River Ranch Steakhouse

If you enjoy a good cigar, go to Club Humidor in San Antonio, they got a few locations including near the Alamo. If you are nearby Universal City, don't know why you would be there but just in case, go to MAM's Cigar Shop ask for Marshall the owner, tell em Fernando sent ya.

Its the 5th ranked most obese city in US.

Great running/biking trails built in response.

Riverwalk is great. Go to ****s...staff is supposed to insult you, and your wife can leave her bra tacked to the ceiling.

If you are there for a week, rent a car and head to 6th street in Austin for a night.
The food scene in Austin is great, it's also hilarious how everybody else in Texas views people in Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back