OT Roger Goodell, Rich *** Clown

numbers suggest he's doing otherwise

sure he made plenty, but viewer numbers are dipping dramatically for a lot of the reasons I stated earlier

No they don't revenue has been at an all time high under him. Viewership for all TV is down as more and more people cut the cord. Tons of people stream the games now which hurts viewership. I hate the no targeting and the constant call reviews as much as anybody, but I am not going to stop watching because of it.

Advertisement
No they don't revenue has been at an all time high under him. Viewership for all TV is down as more and more people cut the cord. Tons of people stream the games now which hurts viewership. I hate the no targeting and the constant call reviews as much as anybody, but I am not going to stop watching because of it.

"http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ell-really-improved-nfl-finances-commissioner

"This time the NFL finishes fourth out of four.

Inflation-adjusted Forbes valuations show that Major League Baseball team values rose 189 percent from 2006 to 2016, NBA team values rose 181 percent and NHL team values jumped 135 percent."

if you have some stats to suggest otherwise, i'm open to looking at it. However, all these leagues also dealt with the same issues you spoke of.

Also this stat from the article:

"Taking Forbes valuations and adjusting for inflation, we find that projected franchise values grew 85 percent over Goodell's tenure.

Is that good? Who knows what the baseline should have been. All we know is that it's not close to the value gain that occurred under Tagliabue in the previous decade. A combination of values from Financial World and Forbes, and again adjusting for inflation, give us a 266 percent increase in NFL franchise value from 1995 to 2005."

"http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ell-really-improved-nfl-finances-commissioner

"This time the NFL finishes fourth out of four.

Inflation-adjusted Forbes valuations show that Major League Baseball team values rose 189 percent from 2006 to 2016, NBA team values rose 181 percent and NHL team values jumped 135 percent."

if you have some stats to suggest otherwise, i'm open to looking at it. However, all these leagues also dealt with the same issues you spoke of.

Also this stat from the article:

"Taking Forbes valuations and adjusting for inflation, we find that projected franchise values grew 85 percent over Goodell's tenure.

Is that good? Who knows what the baseline should have been. All we know is that it's not close to the value gain that occurred under Tagliabue in the previous decade. A combination of values from Financial World and Forbes, and again adjusting for inflation, give us a 266 percent increase in NFL franchise value from 1995 to 2005."

85% growth is very good. You can take 99.9% of successful businesses and say that if they had a better ceo/owner they would have been able to increase profits faster/higher then the current ceo/owner. The point was not was Goodell the best person for the job. The answer is no. There are very few corporations that could claim that their CEO is absolutely without a question the best in the world. I just stated that he did a pretty good job by increasing the revenues by 85%(which is obviously not all due to inflation). Those other sports have MUCH lower overall revenues than the NFL so it is a lot easier to make such big percentage increases. Also the NBA market has grown rapidly in Europe and Asia and baseball has been growing in Asia. Football just isn't taking off as well over there(there is not much any commissioner can do to fix that). Also, with all of these people freaking out about concussions and injuries it is actually shocking Goodell has been able to grow it as much as he did.

Advertisement
Back