OT/ RIP Tom Seaver

Advertisement
Wonder what this is worth??....
118784870_10223925740989821_732218451573306770_o.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember watching games when Seaver was on the mound against Koufax. No bull****, just great pitching. A 9 inning game played, and finished in about an hour and a half.

Was at Shea to see Gooden in a game against the Cubs when both were vying for the pennant. I was right behind home plate, one deck up, directly behind the catcher. Gooden had an ungodly curve.
Very efficient, fun to watch and you are spot on with the under 2 hr game length, I was too young to see Koufax in his prime, short as it was, but **** that must have been something to see. Greg Maddox was the last guy to be around 2 hrs a game. Im not much of a BB fan any more but the length of games and 5 pitching changes ****ed up the game.

Advertisement
ill take Tom Seaver over that lefty Steve Carlton everyday of the week and Carlton was no slouch. Server was just that special. May the man rest in peace. Seaver was about as dominant as Koufax. That's saying something.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Tom Seaver was one of the greatest pitchers in baseball and has an fantastic career. Certainly it tells us how fragile life is and how quickly life can end. He was DA BOMB but I know he will rejoice with peace in heaven!

Advertisement
Back