OT: RIP Prince Markie Dee (born Mark Morales) of the Fat Boys

His fingerprints are all over 90s hip hop crossing over...he co-wrote and co-produced Real Love-Mary J Blige. That sound (sampling previous upbeat RnB/quiet storm hits) and flipping them with new flavor laid the groundwork for what Puff Daddy went with for the rest of the decade (and countless others). Not to mention PMD had bars, flow, and a unique style.

Over the last year I had listened to him on XM radio Rock The Bells channel (LL Cool J’s channel) and he was a funny dude. He had great chemistry with his co-host, she was much younger. I was shocked when she said they hadnt yet met in person due to the pandemic. They had a good show, sad.

Here is my favorite song of his. Definitely one of the best remixes of the 90s. RIP Prince Markie Dee.

Advertisement
The Fat Boys are a hip hop gem. RIP. They were somewhat underated probably because of their rapping material. They beat box with the best of anyone.

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from Paranos? He’s got to be a fan of the “Fat Boys”. His theory is Fat Boys make Fat Girls!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back