OT: RIP Prince Markie Dee (born Mark Morales) of the Fat Boys

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A few things.
1 compared to mfers today they don’t even look that fat. But back in the day they were huge to us.

2. amazing that some of their lyrics are better than half of the crap out now.

3. Rest in power my man.
4. Obesity kills life expectancy (literally)
Heavy D, Chubb Rock, Big Pun, The fat boys etc....

First the Human Beat Box, and now Prince Markie Dee. Kool Rock Ski gotta be taking this hard, they've been friends since they were kids. Prayers and thoughts go to the Morales family and real Hip-Hop fans worldwide!!!

He actually was based down here in Miami the last 20 years or so on radio and running BTS on the River. Fat Boys may be seen as a gimmick nowadays but they wre an instrumental part of hip hops rise. Jay-Z was a fan among others.

Yeah, just learned He mentored Fresh Gordon, who gave Jay-Z His start.

Also just realized that He produced several songs on Mary J's first album, namely Real Love.

Advertisement
Also inspired groups like... The Skinny Boys.

But Doug was actually the Original Human Beat Box

Advertisement
Wow... That's sad... I know he went through a lot years back getting healthier after his friend past away..
Wish his friends and family the best..
On a side note I saw Crush Groove not too long ago... Been a long while since I'd watched it.... That was really funny...

He actually was based down here in Miami the last 20 years or so on radio and running BTS on the River. Fat Boys may be seen as a gimmick nowadays but they wre an instrumental part of hip hops rise. Jay-Z was a fan among others.
He use to tell some great stories about Fat Boys running Franklin Square in the battle rap days...

Advertisement
Back