OT: Rich Rod and VT

Did well at WV. Absolute disaster at Michigan. Average at Arizona.

I think he's hit his ceiling. He'll probably drop a ton of points on UM, but if I was VT, I'd rather try and take a risk and lure Fuente there.
Rich Rod with Foster is a nasty combo. I don't know if he's had a DC of that caliber on his staff. But he will be in the Coastal of the ACC. His task to win is much easier. If we ***** up our hire, then VT will be dominating the Coastal and will win the ACC a few times under his tenure.

His job at VT is much easier than at Arizona in the PAC. He will do good there IMO.

Call me crazy but Foster's D hasn't been impressive in a long while.

Advertisement
If true the Coastal just got tougher. Say what you will but Rich Rod is a good coach with a very potent offense. If Foster stays then they'll have a nasty team to contend with.

I'm almost ambivalent on Rich Rod now but I will say this- If I'm a mid-Atlantic recruit, I go play for him over the clown at Penn State.

I think he's hit his ceiling. He'll probably drop a ton of points on UM, but if I was VT, I'd rather try and take a risk and lure Fuente there.
Rich Rod with Foster is a nasty combo. I don't know if he's had a DC of that caliber on his staff. But he will be in the Coastal of the ACC. His task to win is much easier. If we ***** up our hire, then VT will be dominating the Coastal and will win the ACC a few times under his tenure.

His job at VT is much easier than at Arizona in the PAC. He will do good there IMO.

Call me crazy but Foster's D hasn't been impressive in a long while.

Not an indictment on his ability as a coach because his schemes are still aggressive and his boys are rarely out of place. But recruiting has been lacking for a while regarding linebackers. And dtackles

Advertisement

You may be right. I'd be far more concerned about VT with someone like Fuente than I'll be if they get RichRod. He's been around long enough for me to know what you're going to get with him. He's a career mid-level team coach.

I can tell you from lurking on VTs boards that the fans want him in the same way cane fans want Cristobal.. A LOT of VT alum would be ****ed. Their version of D-money said that Fuente is the lead dog right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That offense will fck UM up. Better fight fire with fire. Hire some conservative retread or washed up slug, and Rich Rod will tear that *** up.

he didn't tear it up before at wvu with larry ***ing coker and randy shannon leading the healm.. and he won't do it this time either

Advertisement
Back