OT: Recommendations UNC game

TexasCane90

Senior
Premium
Flying in for the UNC game... been awhile.

Best place to stay?

Best places to eat?

I fly in Thursday and leave Sunday... will be ubering everywhere

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure he’s looking for something more
specific. Like this...

Best place to stay: Motel 6

Best place to eat: Captain D’s
Oh, my bad.

I can give recommendations, but they might be expensive.

Hotel: Marriott Harbor Beach

Restaurants I'll leave to someone else. I haven't been south to a nice restaurant in a while.

Oh, my bad.

I can give recommendations, but they might be expensive.

Hotel: Marriott Harbor Beach

Restaurants I'll leave to someone else. I haven't been south to a nice restaurant in a while.
Umm...are you suggesting that the recommendations I gave weren’t good enough???

Umm...are you suggesting that the recommendations I gave weren’t good enough???
Of course not, just providing options.

I'm sure @dwreck27 will enjoy the Motel 6. Maybe one of our posters can hook him up with a "friend", just avoid the one Vince Offer had.

Advertisement
A couple hundred a night?

not looking for a roach motel but something comfortable.. nice.. and easy to get to the stadium/ looking around town

Marriott Harbor is nice and on the beach. I’m not sure if you can get it under a couple hundred though I’ll check for you

Edit: actually they have a pre-pay non-refundable offer for $199 a night pre-tax - king with balcony for Marriott-bonvoy members, just join their loyalty program if you’re not a member already.

Just keep this in mind, when hotels quote a price, they’re not including all the different taxes and all those other stupid fees - so you can add probably another 50-60 bucks a night at least, to anything they quote

Last edited:
A couple hundred a night?

not looking for a roach motel but something comfortable.. nice.. and easy to get to the stadium/ looking around town
This looks like a good spot and a good price I haven’t been but my guess is that it fits what you’re looking for at a good price too. Maybe someone else knows.
37D52443-70CA-4276-8CAA-12B6646D0157.jpeg

Are you planning to visit Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? If proximity to the stadium is important to you then by all means, spend all of your time in ****** Broward County. But if you want to enjoy a world-class city and experience all it has to offer but with a 35-minute drive to the stadium, then stay at a hotel on island paradise Key Biscayne and thank me later.

Advertisement
I am not going to get into the Dade/Broward argument but I do enjoy staying in Broward.
Hollywood beach area is fun. Fort Lauderdale Intracostal is nice too. I liked staying at the Il Lugano Residence Inn a few years back.

Favorite restaurant in Broward is the Cafe Seville Spanish Tapas place.

The only reason to stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach vs the others is that it’s beachfront - if you’re not planning on beaching it, there are probably better, less expensive options.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back