OT: Ray Lewis' HOF speech

Advertisement
Was it that bad?

It wasn't good.

Love Ray as a player...couldn't care less about his 35 minute Methodist sermon. It was the worst speech of the night, made worse by the fact they gave him the headset.

Then he goes on a political rant in the go-home segment of the speech. I was out.

Advertisement
Kinda odd,....I didnt hear anything political from him tonight. Unless love and unity ='s one side instead another,...hence, the point he was making.

Now if you had said religious instead....you'd be spot on.

It wasn't good.

Love Ray as a player...couldn't care less about his 35 minute Methodist sermon. It was the worst speech of the night, made worse by the fact they gave him the headset.

Then he goes on a political rant in the go-home segment of the speech. I was out.

I have a framed Ray Lewis Miami worn jersey signed in my man cave. My favorite cane ever. But I know what you mean. **** I was hoping it would be like that.

That's just the thing tho.... the political groups have snatched these topics away from simple everyday, common sense opinions. Not the other way around. They seize these topics and hold them hostage,...but stuff like religion's been around way before politics,...which was completely the opposite of where he went.

Even if all you wanna say is "lets just love each other more than we have been" and give your unbiased opinion,...you're unfortunately placed on one side or another.

He was opinionated and he was "Ray",....just as he always has been. Wouldnt wanna see him up there being fake.

Advertisement
My favorite speech of the night was Brian Dawkins'. Knew him well as a player, but thankful to learn about him as a man tonight. Admirable approach.

Great speech, admittedly a bit long.

Political? All he said was everyone can serve and be a leader and work toward a better future for the next generations.

Too bad that has to trigger some you.

I know this will catch heat, but this nailed it a while ago:

"I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn't even make sense," Flacco said. "He meant everything he was saying, but I didn't know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time."

Advertisement

"I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn't even make sense," Flacco said. "He meant everything he was saying, but I didn't know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time."

Maybe that’s why Flacco sucks? I mean would that meat head be as rich as he was if Ray wasn’t tearing it up on D?

Though Ray was kind of all over the place. I appreciate what he said at the end. If we treated people with love first rather than a means to an end it would make a lot of these issues much easier to solve. I think that’s all he really meant.

Wants to put prayer back in schools....wants universal / affordable health care...

Wait, you can be for both of those? What has happened to this country. Next thing you know some fool wanting tariffs and defending social security while also wanting control our borders and cut will end up president.

I love Ray, but have to admit i did not last long enough to hear that one. At least he isn’t locked into one party only. Like any good Cane, he walks his own road and is a little off tilt!

Ray gets in the weeds some times but that says more about Flacco than Ray.

Advertisement
Great speech, admittedly a bit long.

Political? All he said was everyone can serve and be a leader and work toward a better future for the next generations.

Too bad that has to trigger some you.
Plus just my humble opinion but I think the minute we took prayer and god out of schools was when we started bringing up a whole generation of non god fearing people that think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want including doing horrible things to one and other. When you take prayer/spirituality out of peoples lives these people fail to realize they have a soul and that it needs to be protected. When you don’t think you have a soul to loose then it becomes a green light to delve into the dark side of life because you don’t feel your risking anything eternal. Again just my humble opinion as a Catholic. And I would feel any religion would feel the same way. So I liked rays speech and all be it long, I thought brought some meaning to the night. Now let me put my statement in context, I’m not saying all people become evil without prayer and religion but I would think there has to be some connection to the fact that for the last 25 to 30 years or so since prayers been taking out, things with our youth seem to have gotten a lot worse.

Yeah, I love Ray, but **** if that wasn’t a bit incoherent. He is who he is, you gotta take him as he is and Love the whole person. He’s the GOAT, no doubt. That passion and fire and leadership is what made him who he is and what helped propel his teams to greatness. And it’s not like you don’t get the gist of what he’s saying and the message he’s trying to get across, but **** if I’m not like, huh??? All I can think about is Happy Gilmore’s principal, “at no point...”
Loved him shout out the U, but wish he had put just a little bit more time on that.

Proud of Ray Lewis, at the end of the day, he’s the greatest linebacker of all time, he’s proud to be a Cane, and he’s a leader for good and caring, a man with his heart in the right place, who stands up for what he believes in.

Plus just my humble opinion but I think the minute we took prayer and god out of schools was when we started bringing up a whole generation of non god fearing people that think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want including doing horrible things to one and other. When you take prayer/spirituality out of peoples lives these people fail to realize they have a soul and that it needs to be protected. When you don’t think you have a soul to loose then it becomes a green light to delve into the dark side of life because you don’t feel your risking anything eternal. Again just my humble opinion as a Catholic. And I would feel any religion would feel the same way. So I liked rays speech and all be it long, I thought brought some meaning to the night. Now let me put my statement in context, I’m not saying all people become evil without prayer and religion but I would think there has to be some connection to the fact that for the last 25 to 30 years or so since prayers been taking out, things with our youth seem to have gotten a lot worse.

Weird. I'm 46 and grew up in S. FL and we didn't have prayer in school and I turned out just fine. I think the bigger problem is Parents and discipline. Once we were told we couldn't discipline our children anymore the kids starting changing.

Weird. I'm 46 and grew up in S. FL and we didn't have prayer in school and I turned out just fine. I think the bigger problem is Parents and discipline. Once we were told we couldn't discipline our children anymore the kids starting changing.
I agree with that as well, the minute we couldn’t stank are kids was the minute kids grew up without discipline and in there mind no consequences to there actions. Again that’s why I said in my message that not everyone who grows up without prayer turns bad. But I do think that religion does the same thing on a bigger scale with discipline. as at home if misbehave you get a spanking and In the spiritual world if you do bad things your risk your soul. Again it’s just my opinion.

Advertisement
Back