OT - rarely do OT threads, but this made me laugh

"His house looks like a Junior College" is exactly what I said after seeing Frank Thomas's house in suburban Chicago many years ago. I think he lost it in a bad divorce though. Dudes love to build huge monuments to themselves when they get a little money without considering the massive upkeep it takes to keep them going. They are like huge money sucking anchors after awhile.

Advertisement
17 mil seems like a steal for that huge house with lots of land in Beverly Hills. Must be because of his extremely poor taste

@JBCanes-NC lists this as his residence
b3edbb7f24e19869b80b0e1e3b27cc92.jpg
c69e9fb02cfeb25787e66a771f8dcd72.jpg

Low blow ***get. Put your hands up

Man, is there any rhyme or reason to that thing?

I just saw that Tarantino flick which took place in Hollywood/Beverly hills in the 60's.
For kicks I google earthed throughout the Hills.

I was amazed at the number of examples of ****** architecture....just like this one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I was thinking Planned Parenthood HQ.
More like commercial business college that take your GI Bill after promising big bucks will be yours for operating main frame computers or doing shorthand and typing. After taking yo GI bill money they file chaper 11 or whatever and turn that building back to landlord and vanish without paying back rent.

Does this fiasco on the Palmetto still stand?
View attachment 112958
Don't make fun of nobody's church....oh wait, is that Burger King's former HQ?

Is Burger King Miami's leading big corporation?

It does look like main Archdiocese of Greek Eastern European Prelate Prefecture Russian Orthodox Church. At first I thought it was a mosque.

Advertisement
More like commercial business college that take your GI Bill after promising big bucks will be yours for operating main frame computers or doing shorthand and typing. After taking yo GI bill money they file chaper 11 or whatever and turn that building back to landlord and vanish without paying back rent.
That's too specific to not be real. I am sorry for your loss.

Don't make fun of nobody's church....oh wait, is that Burger King's former HQ?

Is Burger King Miami's leading big corporation?

It does look like main Archdiocese of Greek Eastern European Prelate Prefecture Russian Orthodox Church. At first I thought it was a mosque.
As the story goes if I remember correctly, some guy with more money than sense, has a wife who has an "Arabian Nights" dream and then goes about to build this mosque looking nightmare... (Gloria's Palace)
I drove by it yesterday and it's still there but obscured by overgrown trees and it looks very run down.

Advertisement
Since we're on the subject, I recall an arch that's visible from the 826 near the Golden Glades interchange. Does anyone remember the story behind it?

Advertisement
Back