OT: Rap Fans

I stayed out of this thread for as long as I could....if you like today’s rap, ok. Won’t hate ya for it. I won’t agree but that’s me. I’m from the 90s boom bap. BIG, L, Pun, Wu Tang, Nas, Hov, Onyx, LOX, Hov, etc. Love later 90s too...Fab, Banks, Em. Love my original west coast too. Dre, Snoop, Cube, Eazy...

but if you want some new ****? I suggest you check out my boys from Buffalo. Black Soprano Family, Griselda Records. Benny the Butcher. @OriginalGatorHater

Griselda is bringing the ol feelin back!! They go HARD

Advertisement
50188FD8-ABA7-4764-860A-3A534EF91E83.gif

but probably more whack ****. So here ya go

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CULTURE.

Rock is different because there are a lot of different types of white “cultures” and the music reflected the ever changing tastes of what white kids consider cool.

The black experience is a bit more uniform. Most black people have a DIRECT connection to street money culture. Even if they are not in it, they are tied to it by family who still live in the “hood”.

Once street money culture took over the rap game, there was no going back. Unfortunately, the richest people most (not all) black people know personally got their wealth from street money. Until that changes, there won’t be much change to the most popular forms of rap that emphasize lavish lifestyles and street money culture.

If America ended the narcotics prohibition and made easy money harder to get, you may see a change in this trend.

Hip hop has been about flaunting money, girls, and machismo for almost 30 years now. It has been about that way MUCH longer than positive Afrocentrism, house parties, and rocking the mic.

It won’t change until America owns up to its sins and admit to what they REALLY did to us. It won’t happen though. The state of the black community at large didn’t just materlize itself magically out of thin air. It took a tremendous effort and vast resources both intellectual and material to create and maintain the current state.

The violent, boastful, hyper sexual black thug was designed, modeled, and manufactured by America just like the automobile or light bulbs with premeditated intent with a known end game.

There is no will to change this in any real, effective way that addresses the real issues that caused and perpetuate the current situation. So you are probably resigned to listening to old records for a sense of nostalgia.

Word of advice though. There is solid hip hop out there that reminds you of the old days. You won’t hear it on the radio though. You gotta dig to find those diamonds.

Sick post, and 100% spot on.

Advertisement
I'm a Miami ninja all the way. But bahamian with my roots from the UK. I'm on that UK wave heavy.

If yall havent you gotta check Santan Dave- Psychodrama album.

Also Kano last project.

Both guys are actors on the Netflix show Top Boy

As far as Us scene. I was in on the ny drill wave. Fivio, sheff g , Pop Smoke, Smoove L.

Out of Harlem I listened to alot of Neek Bucks.

Griselda is fire in small increments

Southern-
FLORIDA- Rod Wave, Major Nine (Chad),
Ga- Gunna the wave out of Atl, Lil Baby is pretty dope, Money Man put out a few good projects
BAMA- Yung Bleu, Rylo Rodriguez, No cap all have put out good projects
Louisiana-TEC and Maine Muzik. NBA young boy is the biggest artist in the country for teen agers. I liked his project honestly.
Cali- Rino Brodeaux, Roddy Rich project been best so far.

I might be missing some other that I listen too but this is just the young new rappers I listen to. 75percent of new rappers are trash....I'm a hip hop head so I wade through it find what I like and check out all their projects.

I have no interest in the actual rappers I grew up listening to...the lilWayne, jeezy of the world. I literally listened to Wayne's new project one time and that's it.

I'm sort of like macho I listen to real for the unique sound differences. That's how 1say I'm listening to Louisiana rap, and on the drive home I'm hard care boom bap oh the way home.

These new rappers predominantly have no sound. They essentially are jacking slap g melody fron whatever region is hot. It's sad that I legitimately have to search for a ny sound rapper because they have essentially lost their sound totally and just sound like atl trap rejects until the lil bk wave (who even they are jacking uk/Chicago sound) but atleast it was their thing. I like Roddy rich but it took me a year to realize the ninja is a Compton crip lol I thought he was from atl the whole time.

Last edited:
I'm a Miami ninja all the way. But bahamian with my roots from the UK. I'm on that UK wave heavy.

Also Kano last project.

You rockin those Tricky trip hop albums from the 90s?

Advertisement
As far as Us scene. I was in on the ny drill wave. Fivio, sheff g , Pop Smoke, Smoove L.

Out of Harlem I listened to alot of Neek Bucks.

Griselda is fire in small increments

Southern-
FLORIDA- Rod Wave, Major Nine (Chad),
Ga- Gunna the wave out of Atl, Lil Baby is pretty dope, Money Man put out a few good projects
BAMA- Yung Bleu, Rylo Rodriguez, No cap all have put out good projects
Louisiana-TEC and Maine Muzik. NBA young boy is the biggest artist in the country for teen agers. I liked his project honestly.
Cali- Rino Brodeaux, Roddy Rich project been best so far.

I might be missing some other that I listen too but this is just the young new rappers I listen to. 75percent of new rappers are trash....I'm a hip hop head so I wade through it find what I like and check out all their projects.

I have no interest in the actual rappers I grew up listening to...the lilWayne, jeezy of the world. I literally listened to Wayne's new project one time and that's it.

I'm sort of like macho I listen to real for the unique sound differences. That's how 1say I'm listening to Louisiana rap, and on the drive home I'm hard care boom bap oh the way home.

These new rappers predominantly have no sound. They essentially are jacking slap g melody fron whatever region is hot. It's sad that I legitimately have to search for a ny sound rapper because they have essentially lost their sound totally and just sound like atl trap rejects until the lil bk wave (who even they are jacking uk/Chicago sound) but atleast it was their thing. I like Roddy rich but it took me a year to realize the ninja is a Compton crip lol I thought he was from atl the whole time
Yeah imo gunna the best out of atl right now . I like Roddy Ricch a lot too. I do Try to listen to most artist though. 2 of my favorite artists from Texas is Travis Scott and then maxo Kream. Give this album a listen 🔥
A84B6D16-C626-44EC-A37B-B6412077D559.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually, this thread is one of my favorites created. Love Sneaker & Hip Hop heads. Plus love hearing the diversity, including some that actually shocked me w their hip hop acumen.

There used to be this shady hip hop lounge in LA. Hella underground and the only way u could get in was knowing your hip hop history. They played zero trap and zero drill....just all hip hop from all over the world. That joint was so cool....toke, get on the mic to promote, fly chicks from all over. Old school hip hop artist would bless the joint, foreign hip hop artist would sneak through. It was fire man; then they just shut down out of nowhere. If I’m not mistaken, they got involved w “Cream of Beat.” Not sure if these joints are every where or just Cali, but it’s a celebration of hip hop concerts.

There used to be this shady hip hop lounge in LA. Hella underground and the only way u could get in was knowing your hip hop history. They played zero trap and zero drill....just all hip hop from all over the world. That joint was so cool....toke, get on the mic to promote, fly chicks from all over. Old school hip hop artist would bless the joint, foreign hip hop artist would sneak through. It was fire man; then they just shut down out of nowhere. If I’m not mistaken, they got involved w “Cream of Beat.” Not sure if these joints are every where or just Cali, but it’s a celebration of hip hop concerts.

Is that the spot where they booed Fat Joe off the stage?...if so there's a documentary about it on NF.

Advertisement

Also Kano last project.

Have you checked out Stormzy? Haven’t checked out his new album yet but Audacity and Sounds of the Skeng are 👌🏼

UK sh*t-- Yall becoming Acquainted.

Santan Dave-

Bars- 🔥🔥🔥🔥
And I ain't on indirects, diss me, and I take that personal
How you gassed off a note that's purple?
Bet you never got it off white like Virgil.

Bars-🔥🔥🔥
Now I'm in the party with Tara
And that girl got body like armor
Football in Balenciaga
Oh, I kick ball in my all-black Pradas
No actin', never went rada
I'm a top boy like Sully but darker

Kid is nice....these are the "singles" off the Psychodrama album...but he got songs ont heir with serious pen game. Also kid is apparently oly like 21. He's the London Drake with out ghost writers

Advertisement
UK-

Bars- 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Champagne haffi pop
On Mondays in case Friday flops
We celebrate life non-stop
Cah we made it off the block

Songs seldom gets pass the initial bars and has to get pulled up!! Story of my life.

BARS-🔥🔥🔥🔥
Steppin' at with auntie, something fresh she be whippin'
All black Range Rover, all black women
I bet the Daily Mail wan' Photoshop a spliff in,

The video is essentially every time i go to Bahamas and me and my cousins link at the house..str8 Vibes. Food...weed...and watching Football the canes or dolphins. On the hook is Popcaan..the biggest reggae dancehall artist signed to Drake.

Kano is a legend ont he Uk scene and the main actor on Top Boy (Netflix). In terms of US rap scene he is like a Nas type over there.

Kano Albums to check- HOODIES ALL SUMMER, MADE IN THE MANOR

UK-

Bars- 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Champagne haffi pop
On Mondays in case Friday flops
We celebrate life non-stop
Cah we made it off the block

Songs seldom gets pass the initial bars and has to get pulled up!! Story of my life.

BARS-🔥🔥🔥🔥
Steppin' at with auntie, something fresh she be whippin'
All black Range Rover, all black women
I bet the Daily Mail wan' Photoshop a spliff in,

The video is essentially every time i go to Bahamas and me and my cousins link at the house..str8 Vibes. Food...weed...and watching Football the canes or dolphins. On the hook is Popcaan..the biggest reggae dancehall artist signed to Drake.

Kano is a legend ont he Uk scene and the main actor on Top Boy (Netflix). In terms of US rap scene he is like a Nas type over there.

Kano Albums to check- HOODIES ALL SUMMER, MADE IN THE MANOR

You’re out here schoolin people!! Thanks for putting me on. That Dave sht is fire 🔥

You’re out here schoolin people!! Thanks for putting me on. That Dave sht is fire 🔥

Listen i play out his wholllle Psychodrama album no skips. I mean if your not use to the Uk accent it takes a listen or 2 to pick up....but that kid is NICE!. He got the total package....got the mainstremam songs like what i posted..got deep *** songs on that project too...Its a themed album i f*cks with those. Sort of like how Kendrick made his albums have a theme to it.

Dave might blow into the U.S. scene pretty soon.

CROSSOVER HIT! My girl cant stop playing

EVERYONE JUST CATCHING UP

Advertisement
Back