OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
Lil bit, I know them mostly from that Dreamville project that came out last year. Otherwise, I love their songs Meditate and ready to die. Need to fvck w/ them a lil more tho they’re dope.

Last concert I went to JID was performing and Johnny Venus was there, great performer. Need to listen to more Earthgang for sure!

Haven't been to a concert in a minute, but the most live concert i ever been too was at Adrianas in Chicago. If your ever up there, you gotta hit it up. If its anything like NYC this place changed names 5 times already, but if its anywhere close to as good as it was 5-10 years ago when I went. Its a must go.

NYC In The House.....Best of The Best....
Nas-stillmatic-music-album.jpg

Advertisement
It appears Rap genre is in same phase as Hair Metal in late 80s. What will be Rap's grunge movement? Flannel is very warm to wear in the summertime.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CULTURE.

Rock is different because there are a lot of different types of white “cultures” and the music reflected the ever changing tastes of what white kids consider cool.

The black experience is a bit more uniform. Most black people have a DIRECT connection to street money culture. Even if they are not in it, they are tied to it by family who still live in the “hood”.

Once street money culture took over the rap game, there was no going back. Unfortunately, the richest people most (not all) black people know personally got their wealth from street money. Until that changes, there won’t be much change to the most popular forms of rap that emphasize lavish lifestyles and street money culture.

If America ended the narcotics prohibition and made easy money harder to get, you may see a change in this trend.

Hip hop has been about flaunting money, girls, and machismo for almost 30 years now. It has been about that way MUCH longer than positive Afrocentrism, house parties, and rocking the mic.

It won’t change until America owns up to its sins and admit to what they REALLY did to us. It won’t happen though. The state of the black community at large didn’t just materlize itself magically out of thin air. It took a tremendous effort and vast resources both intellectual and material to create and maintain the current state.

The violent, boastful, hyper sexual black thug was designed, modeled, and manufactured by America just like the automobile or light bulbs with premeditated intent with a known end game.

There is no will to change this in any real, effective way that addresses the real issues that caused and perpetuate the current situation. So you are probably resigned to listening to old records for a sense of nostalgia.

Word of advice though. There is solid hip hop out there that reminds you of the old days. You won’t hear it on the radio though. You gotta dig to find those diamonds.

Advertisement
I'll definitely give Schoolly D all props. Matter fact, how can I skip over Ice-T!!! Realistically, he was the first WC gangsta rapper. He was rapping about the 60 Crips and being a hustler waaaaaaaaaay before NWA. But Schoolly was rapping about gangsta chit first. P.S.K forgot all about that. It was first song about making money by any means necessary, and Ice-T came out w/ "6 in the mornin'"

Dang man, this is bringing back so much nostalgia. lol.
Park Side Killas. They was bout that also. Ask Cool C(if you can) and Steady B...

I didnt read everything all I been listening to lately is some real playa ****...

DJ Fresh x Curren$y- The Tonite Show
Larry June x Cardo - Mr Midnight

Be influenced knock a b**** or two or three or four Haha get some money invest in cryptocurrency/ digital assets rinse and repeat 😂😂😂

Thank me later
I know you up on game bruh!!! It's all about the dough, it's never bout no hoes, lil mama you can roll... Have you heard the latest 3 Piece Set from Curren$y & Thelonious Martin? 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Since there’s a lot of fans of 90s rap here, y’all should go check out Denzel Curry’s last project with Kenny Beats (crazy good producer who’s only going up in the game) called UNLOCKED. The sound is very reminiscent of a lot of 90s shît, Zel is a huge fan of MF Doom, DMX, Wu, etc and u can hear all those influences on the album. Super creative too, he put out an entire animated episode that has the album dubbing it, very dope.

Also Zel is a Carol City kid so support the man lol. Older brother was that backyard fighter Treon Johnson that got killed a few years back. He’s as Dade as it gets basically. Highly recommend listening to Zuu also, it’s my avatar for a reason - perfect Miami sound imo.
Lil Zel and Mook nem is FAM. Lived around the corner from him for like 8 years and We've literally got a few mutual cousins. Proud as **** of jit...

Advertisement
Lil bit, I know them mostly from that Dreamville project that came out last year. Otherwise, I love their songs Meditate and ready to die. Need to fvck w/ them a lil more tho they’re dope.

Last concert I went to JID was performing and Johnny Venus was there, great performer. Need to listen to more Earthgang for sure!
Do yourself that favor bruh. Though I would never commit blasphemy, I will say that unless Antwan & Andre start anointing the world with audible jewels again, they're the closest thing we've got to OutKast...

Lil Zel and Mook nem is FAM. Lived around the corner from him for like 8 years and We've literally got a few mutual cousins. Proud as **** of jit...
That’s dope af dawg! Close friend of mine has met Zel in person like 3 times, very jealous lol

Dude’s very talented it’s only up from here for him, bigger things in store most def

Advertisement
KDOT, Cole, and Joey Bada$$ are at the top for me in terms of guys with quality lyricism who also put out quality music. Can’t sleep on Travis or Drake either imo.

Artists like JID, Denzel Curry (my avatar), YBN Cordae, Ski Mask (definitely forgetting people) are just some of the newer names who are putting out quality shît
I like Westside Gunn too.

I stayed out of this thread for as long as I could....if you like today’s rap, ok. Won’t hate ya for it. I won’t agree but that’s me. I’m from the 90s boom bap. BIG, L, Pun, Wu Tang, Nas, Hov, Onyx, LOX, Hov, etc. Love later 90s too...Fab, Banks, Em. Love my original west coast too. Dre, Snoop, Cube, Eazy...

but if you want some new ****? I suggest you check out my boys from Buffalo. Black Soprano Family, Griselda Records. Benny the Butcher. @OriginalGatorHater

Advertisement
Back