OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
Dude is dope. I like em, royce, sean, and d12 from Detroit.

Is trick trick as real as they make out?

Trick definitely as real as they say he’s the gatekeeper for Detroit.

You have to pay him to do a show in the city limits. Every hip hop artist does.

No different than Drake and them boys having to pay J Prince whenever they go to Houston.

In return these people get protected and made sure that they aren’t touched while visiting.

Trick is like that for the city.

Trick definitely as real as they say he’s the gatekeeper for Detroit.

You have to pay him to do a show in the city limits. Every hip hop artist does.

No different than Drake and them boys having to pay J Prince whenever they go to Houston.

In return these people get protected and made sure that they aren’t touched while visiting.

Trick is like that for the city.
Yea thats what eminem has always said. Figured it was true.

Advertisement
I didnt read everything all I been listening to lately is some real playa ****...

DJ Fresh x Curren$y- The Tonite Show
Larry June x Cardo - Mr Midnight

Be influenced knock a b**** or two or three or four Haha get some money invest in cryptocurrency/ digital assets rinse and repeat 😂😂😂

Thank me later

Advertisement
Advertisement
You must have not listened to Joey bada$$ before then straight from NY
YG sounds like old school Cali
Denzel curry represents florida
Travis Scott (Texas) is one of the most popular artists there is
21 savage (ATL) is the definition of trap or even Gucci mane JID is also really good
The point is all those guys sound nothing alike and all represent they places

You just named 5 fvckin' rappers, dude. And a couple of them flat-out SUCK.

All these rappers I'm about to name were out AROUND THE SAME TIME...representing different areas and styles.

Cali - Snoop, Tupac, Dr Dre, Dogg Pound, Too Short, E40, Xzibit, DJ Quick, etc...
Texas - UGK, Paul Wall, Lil Flip, Chamillonaire, etc...then you had Rich Boy and David Banner right next door representing Alabama and Mississippi.
Louisiana - Master P and everybody in his click (like 89 rappers), Cash Money (6 different rappers), Boosie, Webbie, Mystikal...then Wayne, Juvi, BG and Turk went solo, giving us more material.
Florida - Trick Daddy, JT Money, Luke & 2 Live, 69 Boyz, Bloodraw, Billy Blue, Brisco, Ball Greezy, Ice Berg (Dunk Ryders), Quad City DJ's, 95 South, etc.
Georgia - Field Mob, Outkast, T.I., Goodie Mob, Young Jeezy, Lil Jon & the Eastside Boys, Lil Scrappy, Crime Mob, Gucci Mane, etc...too many to name.
Midwest - Eminem, Common, Nelly and his click, Bone Thugs, Do Or Die, Kanye, etc...
New York - 50 Cent, Nas, Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Lost Boyz, JadaKiss (LOX)...just way too many to name in NY.

Bro we can go on for days. These guys were all making records around the same time. And they ALL HAD DIFFERENT SOUNDS.

Last edited:

All these rappers I'm about to name were out AROUND THE SAME TIME...representing different areas and styles.

Cali - Snoop, Tupac, Dr Dre, Dogg Pound, Too Short, E40, Xzibit, DJ Quick, etc...
Texas - UGK, Paul Wall, Lil Flip, Chamillonaire, etc...then you had Rich Boy and David Banner right next door representing Alabama and Mississippi.
Louisiana - Master P and everybody in his click (like 89 rappers), Cash Money (6 different rappers), Boosie, Webbie, Mystikal...then Wayne, Juvi, BG and Turk went solo, giving us more material.
Florida - Trick Daddy, JT Money, Luke & 2 Live, 69 Boyz, Bloodraw, Billy Blue, Brisco, Ball Greezy, Ice Berg (Dunk Ryders), Quad City DJ's, 95 South, etc.
Georgia - Field Mob, Outkast, T.I., Goodie Mob, Young Jeezy, Lil Jon & the Eastside Boys, Lil Scrappy, Crime Mob, Gucci Mane, etc...too many to name.
Midwest - Eminem, Nelly and his click, Bone Thugs, Do Or Die, Kanye, etc...
New York - 50 Cent, Common, Nas, Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Lost Boyz, JadaKiss (LOX)...just way too many to name in NY.

Bro we can go on for days. These guys were all making records around the same time. And they ALL HAD DIFFERENT SOUNDS.

One correction; Common is from The Chi, so he would be Midwest.

Advertisement
Don’t know half the shît that man is saying but it just sounds so cool lmao

Jamaicans were doing Hip Ho

Midwest - Eminem, Nelly and his click, Bone Thugs, Do Or Die, Kanye, etc...
New York - 50 Cent, Common, Nas, Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Lost Boyz, JadaKiss (LOX)...just way too many to name in NY.

Yup.

And don't forget Tennessee had Eightball & MJG & 36 Mafia.

Philly had/has State Property, Meek Mill, and before that they had PSK & Cool C.

And to add to your Louisiana list, they had Big Mike, who IMO was a very underrated lyricist:

KDOT, Cole, and Joey Bada$$ are at the top for me in terms of guys with quality lyricism who also put out quality music. Can’t sleep on Travis or Drake either imo.

Artists like JID, Denzel Curry (my avatar), YBN Cordae, Ski Mask (definitely forgetting people) are just some of the newer names who are putting out quality shît
I'm wich you. But Drake is my fallback.

Midwest - Eminem, Common, Nelly and his click, Bone Thugs, Do Or Die, Kanye, etc...
New York - 50 Cent, Nas, Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Lost Boyz, JadaKiss (LOX)...just way too many to name in NY.

Thank you for having taste.

Advertisement
Back