OT: Rap Fans

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!

Em's album dropped w/ no hype, no advertisement, just a straight leak and became the number 1 album immediately. Real lyricist.

The reason y I mess w/ the new rappers is b/c I'm a bass/beat guy as well. A lot of the new guys have great producers, whether that's Mustard, Metro Boom, London On Tha Track, Wheezy, Hitmaka, Jetsonmade, or OZ. Take away the beat, and just listen to what they say, and it's trash. Mofos be making up words to rhyme. lol.

His last 2 albums dropped with no advertising and hit number 1. People kill me.

Advertisement
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!

Em's album dropped w/ no hype, no advertisement, just a straight leak and became the number 1 album immediately. Real lyricist.

The reason y I mess w/ the new rappers is b/c I'm a bass/beat guy as well. A lot of the new guys have great producers, whether that's Mustard, Metro Boom, London On Tha Track, Wheezy, Hitmaka, Jetsonmade, or OZ. Take away the beat, and just listen to what they say, and it's trash. Mofos be making up words to rhyme. lol.

man you HAVE to list Pi’erre bourne as a great producer lol. He’s probably my favorite one right now

LOL, name a current rapper with better lyrics than this:

Who shot ya?
Separate the weak from the ob-so-lete
Hard to creep them Brooklyn streets
It's on n!gga, ******* all that bickering beef
I can hear sweat tri-ck-ling down your cheek
Your heartbeat sound like Sasquatch feet
Thundering, shaking the concrete
Finish it, stop, when I foil the plot
Neighbors call the cops said they heard mad shots
Saw me in the drop, three in the corner
Slaughter, electrical tape around your daughter
Old school new school need to learn though
I burn baby burn like Disco Inferno
Burn slow like blunts with ya-yo
Peel more skins than Idaho potato
Niggaz know, the lyrics molestin' is takin place
******' with B.I.G. it ain't safe
I make your skin chafe, rashes on the masses
Bumps and bruises, blunts and Landcruisers
Big Poppa smash fools, bash fools
Niggaz mad because I know that Cash Rules
Everything Around Me, two glock nines
Any ************ whispering about mines
And I'm, Crooklyn's finest
You rewind this, Bad Boy's behind this...
34197913-BFA8-41A5-B9FF-8268F1356341.jpeg
05278F4A-A8C8-4DBB-959C-2BF5457F6EAA.jpeg
552D4D29-2F8A-44A6-BEF9-8C27981B07C5.jpeg

No disrespect to Notorious, one of the GOATs, but Kendrick is the truth. Plenty more where that came from btw

Advertisement
His last 2 albums dropped with no advertising and hit number 1. People kill me.
I think it’s undeniable that he’s one of the GOATs and his rapping ability is second to none, but it’s really just the fact that a majority of people from my generation don’t care for his style rn. There’s truth to what @brock said earlier about people only liking him when he goes off on someone who has the gall to beef w/ him, a lot of people think he comes off as corny bc he can’t write hooks they can bump to and he tries too hard to showcase his lyrical ability like he has something to prove (he doesn’t, he’s a 🐐).

As for me I’m conflicted bc I think the man is an absolute machine and a legend, but I also don’t really care to bump his more recent shît that much. As sad as it may sound to y’all, I’d rather listen to Cole or Travis, or some of the newer breed like Zel or Cordae.

I think it’s undeniable that he’s one of the GOATs and his rapping ability is second to none, but it’s really just the fact that a majority of people from my generation don’t care for his style rn. There’s truth to what @brock said earlier about people only liking him when he goes off on someone who has the gall to beef w/ him, a lot of people think he comes off as corny bc he can’t write hooks they can bump to and he tries too hard to showcase his lyrical ability like he has something to prove (he doesn’t, he’s a 🐐).

As for me I’m conflicted bc I think the man is an absolute machine and a legend, but I also don’t really care to bump his more recent shît that much. As sad as it may sound to y’all, I’d rather listen to Cole or Travis, or some of the newer breed like Zel or Cordae.
Nothing wrong with that at all. You acknowledge he is great. I can understand not bumping him in the car even though his last 2 albums have some bangers on them.

Some of his hooks are on the corny side i would say because he cares much more about being a mc than getting play in clubs. As a fan i think the reason he goes super lyrical is to try to teach these young kids what being a mc is and there is a large audience that wants super lyrical music.

Again there is nothing wrong with you rather listening to cole. Cole is fire.

The rap game right now reminds me of a marathon...a bunch of rappers bunched up, jostling for position, and then comes along a Rakim, Biggie, Jay Z, Nas, Tupac, Method Man, Snoop, etc., to lap their @$$e$ LOL.

$h!t happens every time!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t lie I love Em’ First 3-4 albums was all I can ever listen to. But dudes in my generation not listening to him in Detroit. A lot never did because his music wasn’t really relateable to a lot of us who actually live in the city.

I find mostly suburban people to be in love with em. We not gone disrespect him but you not hearing no Eminem played throughout my city.

Can’t lie I love Em’ First 3-4 albums was all I can ever listen to. But dudes in my generation not listening to him in Detroit. A lot never did because his music wasn’t really relateable to a lot of us who actually live in the city.

I find mostly suburban people to be in love with em. We not gone disrespect him but you not hearing no Eminem played throughout my city.

I can understand that. He doesnt really speak to inner city people. I think he would be looked at weird if he talked thuggish ****.

Advertisement

People **** with royce in Detroit?

Advertisement
Back