OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
What y’all think of the new Lil Uzi album? Listened to that shît 4 times since it dropped yesterday lol. Have a feeling I know what the older gen of rap fans think about it, but curious to find out people’s opinions - AOTY material? Unless KDOT or Drake drop something insane, I think yes. This year could be another 2015 or 2017 when it comes to the volume of quality rap albums...
View attachment 113111

No disrespect man but I don't consider this rap. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
No disrespect man but I don't consider this rap. Just my opinion.
He had like 3 different styles on the album . The first 3rd of the album should absolutely be considering as rap. lil Uzi vert is what I consider An artist who can make music not just a rapper. He’s much like Travis Scott in that aspect. I dont Even think Travis Scott has great rap bars but he undoubtedly knows how to make great music and his production on songs are very impressive

Advertisement
Eminem is only good when he’s mad nowadays. Who shot ya by biggie does not hold a light lyrically to sing about I’m dying of thirst by Kendrick Lamar

He was mad the entire album of music to be murdered by. Listen to premonition.

And i dont agree about that but kendrick is ******* filthy. Dude is a beast. Cole is another monster.

Advertisement
Well in that case it's probably trash lol. This guy is not a good lyricist.
He isn’t lol, he mainly is only good for witty/funny lines here and there and how he delivers them, like a less developed Weezy.

It really is just the beat and the vibe that the music gives off which is what a lot of rap focuses on today. Good or bad, that’s how it is rn and I used to not care about artists like Migos bc of that but it all grew on me. In other words, it ain’t necessary to have so much substance lyrically to like a song/rapper nowadays.

Advertisement
He isn’t lol, he mainly is only good for witty/funny lines here and there and how he delivers them, like a less developed Weezy.

It really is just the beat and the vibe that the music gives off which is what a lot of rap focuses on today. Good or bad, that’s how it is rn and I used to not care about artists like Migos bc of that but it all grew on me. In other words, it ain’t necessary to have so much substance lyrically to like a song/rapper nowadays.

Hey I'm not mad lol, I used to bop to No Limit so there is room for all different types of music here.

Thats why i think it should be called like vibe music or something because its not rap or being a mc.

Advertisement
Back