OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
That comment says it all. You admit I’m telling the truth, but still try to clown the truth. Very indicative of your generation and what the drug culture that’s been imposed on you has produced. A generation that won’t stand for anything fully, and thus will fall for everything.
The previous rap era 90’s and 2000’s-2010 rappers rapped about drugs in songs. These news artist are actually doing the drugs. That’s a problem no doubt. Now this face tattoo craze is taking off which is utterly silly and ridiculous to even consider doing at any point of your life let’s be real.

Unpopular opinion: Rap is at its best right now as there are so many different styles of music compared to before. If you can’t find somebody you like now you’re not looking hard enough cause there’s plenty of rappers

Production isn't what it used to be. That's not unique to rap though.

I listen to music for music, not lyrics or "hard" ness of delivery.

Unpopular opinion: Rap is at its best right now as there are so many different styles of music compared to before. If you can’t find somebody you like now you’re not looking hard enough cause there’s plenty of rappers
You crazy meng!
IT ALL SOUNDS THE FVCKIN SAME.

Social media has bridged the gap between East Coast, West Coast and down South...so there's no longer a distinctive sound that represents an area.

Back in the day every area had it's own distinct sound. You can tell where an artist was from by their sound, their content and the slang that they used.

Cali - gang bangin, pimpin, weed
Texas - grills and swangers
Florida - donks, dope, party music
NY - conscious rap
ATL - trap music
New Orleans - bounce music
Midwest - fast rapping

You had different areas, rapping about different ****, and it fulfilled different moods....all with different types of flow.

Roddy Rich, Panda, whoever the fvck else you wanna name...all sound like they're from the South. And everybody else is emo.
All these MF'ers nowadays sound the same. Can't tell where none of them are from. They all use the same type of beats, same slang, same regurgitated content.

Last edited:
I used to cop Doo ***, Tony Touch, & DJ Mister Cee mixtapes from Blue Notes across the street from 163rd St. Mall. Introduced my block to Ready To Die, I ain't get that tape back yet LOL.

Those are my guys too. The power cyphas from Tony Touch. Touch and Mister Cee were actually the DJs for the local rap station too Hot 97 or Power 105. Both would spin fire for the 2 hours they were on the air. I remember listening to them all the time chilling on the block with the boys. Clue was also on Hot 97.

LOL!! I feel you with that, that album is dope as ****. I still let that album play straight through, not skipping any tracks.

Advertisement
Clue, S&S, Ron G, Dirty Harry, Juice, Mista Rello & Jadel, Kay Slay, Capri...

AR told on himself in the Vlad video. Free my man tho. Real one!

They gave my man life, he was laughin...ran into the snitch and he stabbed em!
I refuse to listen to vlad since he loves getting guys to tell to much. **** free your man bro. I still have a lot of my homies sitting in a box doing football numbers.

You crazy meng!

Social media has bridged the gap between East Coast, West Coast and down South...so there's no longer a distinctive sound that represents an area.

Back in the day every area had it's own distinct sound. You can tell where an artist was from by their sound, their content and the slang that they used.

NY - conscious rap
ATL - trap music
Midwest - fast rapping

You had different areas, rapping about different ****, and it fulfilled different moods....all with different types of flow.

Roddy Rich, Panda, whoever the fvck else you wanna name...all sound like they're from the South. And everybody else is emo.
All these MF'ers nowadays sound the same. Can't tell where none of them are from. They all use the same type of beats, same slang, same regurgitated content.

You hit the nail on the head man, ain't no more diversity in the game no more...

1583748255859.png

Advertisement
I cant wrap my head around people listening to **** that doesnt make you use your brain. Rap is about being a mc.

If all you listen to is lean, ice, ******* rap then you aren't a very intelligent person.

You crazy meng!

NY - conscious rap
ATL - trap music
Midwest - fast rapping

You must have not listened to Joey bada$$ before then straight from NY
YG sounds like old school Cali
Denzel curry represents florida
Travis Scott (Texas) is one of the most popular artists there is
21 savage (ATL) is the definition of trap or even Gucci mane JID is also really good
The point is all those guys sound nothing alike and all represent they places

21 savage (ATL) is the definition of trap or even Gucci mane JID is also really good
People don’t even know about jid like that, he creative as **** for a rapper. Kind of sound like Kendrick Lamar a little but he can rap his *** off . There’s plenty of examples of guys who can actually rap in this generation. Ybn cordae is another one who can rap very well,
C2DC39B5-4CD0-4301-9B3E-A942079E5366.jpeg

this is my favorite song of jid though

Advertisement

Lol they all suck. They all use the same dr Seuss beats and talk about nothing.

People don’t even know about jid like that, he creative as **** for a rapper. Kind of sound like Kendrick Lamar a little but he can rap his *** off . There’s plenty of examples of guys who can actually rap in this generation. Ybn cordae is another one who can rap very well, View attachment 113230

this is my favorite song of jid though

Name the many examples that can actually rap.

Cordae can so i agree with 1.

Advertisement
You can tell when somebody has never listen to Joey bada$$

Ive heard a few tracks. Not the worst but nothing special.

Guys in their 40s out rap the **** out of him and all the new school cats.

The only kinda young dudes that rap are kendrick, cole, sean, joyner.

You crazy meng!

NY - conscious rap
ATL - trap music
Midwest - fast rapping

What this man said . x 10000 .

Advertisement
Back