OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
After seeing the OP, out of plain curiosity, I listened to the first :45 of just about every song.

I seriously have no idea how anyone could subject themselves to this ****. Modern hip-hop is undoubtedly the ******* worst thing ever. If that’s the AOTY, that’s more depressing than 4th & 17 vs UNC.

These so called “artists” have as much talent a a ****-stained underwear.

How did this genre fall of such a cliff since the 90s?
Couldn’t agree more. They don’t even try and what’s funny is the new rappers diss the old ones I.e. Biggies and Tupac. But I grew up on NWA and 2 Live crew so every generation has their artist and styles.

I used to listen to all those tapes from my barbershop. Clue had the NYC rap on lockdown in those days. A little later Green Lanter and Whoo kid were also in the game. Ron G I remember as a kid and S&S later stayed in the game for a while, I remember they used to have some dope D-Block exclusives on that tape.

I used to cop Doo ***, Tony Touch, & DJ Mister Cee mixtapes from Blue Notes across the street from 163rd St. Mall. Introduced my block to Ready To Die, I ain't get that tape back yet LOL.

You 90's babies are on some other ****.
Lil Uzi Vert is a wack a$$ fruitcake. I won't even entertain that whiny a$$ emo garbage.
Got to be able to listen to everybody, uzi had 3 different styles on this album. The first 6 songs he went hard on rapping while the last 12 songs featured different styles. He had something for everybody on eternal Atake imo. He’s not necessarily a rapper, he’s just an artist imo due to his versatility. Same thing with Travis Scott imo too

Last edited:
Advertisement
It appears Rap genre is in same phase as Hair Metal in late 80s. What will be Rap's grunge movement? Flannel is very warm to wear in the summertime.

I might be missing this analogy but late 80s had thrash metal too. If I have to choose between mumbletrap or feminine mumblecrooning hip-hop I choose the RATM return tour.

You 90's babies are on some other ****.
Lil Uzi Vert is a wack a$$ fruitcake. I won't even entertain that whiny a$$ emo garbage.

Easy there 1990 here I grew up listening to Pac, BIG, Nas and Jay-Z. These are late 90s early 2000s kids listening to this trash.

Advertisement
I ain’t Going to lie, da baby can rap for sure and got some of the best bars out right now but I expected More on his latest album tbh. Same with lil baby, I was Disappointed in what he recently released outside a few songs
lol Baby **** was fie @brock. U didn’t like it?

Advertisement
What happened to Hip-Hop?

Of course the art form was infiltrated by big business and those outside the culture who directed the supply and demand. A&R’s, and Presidents of record labels only signed certain types of rappers with certain types of destructive messages. With the internet no one needs to signed in order to be heard, but the damage has already been done and popular rap music had been set on mostly drug culture, mutual distrust and violence. When you control who gets heard (signed) and made mainstream via the marketing machine, paid-for radio spins, and national/international distribution then you can dictate what’s hot 🔥 to the consumer.

Pay attention to the Evolution of drug songs and the description provided for each decade. Notice how the viewpoint and perception of drug culture changed from the 80’s to present day. Completely facilitated by the label heads and owners, acted upon functionally by A&Rs who oversee the direction of the music artists they also sign.

Crank Lucas nailed it in every facet. We literally watched our art form, hip-hop message and culture, change right before our eyes, so no we don’t have to listen to everything and be open to every act that’s been repackaged and given to us as a knock off. I bet y’all don’t wear fake Jordans, well I don’t purchase fake hip-hop either.

I admit all new stuff is not garbage, but most is.

Advertisement
C794C0D5-2795-4ADF-BF58-C2762F95BCBB.png

Think these rappers have money, if you get a chance google the net worth of those on Tier 1.

We’ll never hear a recruiting highlight video with lyrics saying, “**** this like that, kill dat **** blah blah blah...” like we do with ninja.

There’s a few newer rappers I fw like Lil Baby, Roddy, Calboy, Gunna, A Boogie, Lil Tjay all have some bangers. I don’t think I’ve heard any tracks from this Rod Wave I keep seeing mentioned. Going to have to check him out.

I was one of the only cats that I know ******* with Uzi a few years ago and now everybody on him. He’s came a long way though. Eternal Atake is straight 🔥.

The lil homie is starting make G Perico moves. He hit over 6 mill on his first single on YouTube, got locked up and now back grinding. Check out my lil ninja from my backyard.

Advertisement
Back