OT: Rap Fans

Literally two of my favorite songs. I can listen to everyday struggle on repeat all day long. I'm 36. Its hard for me to get into the new stuff. KDot, J.Cole, Big Krit, and little brother are must listens for me whenever they **** drops
When you’ve heard what we’ve heard it’s extremely difficult to accept and digest anything less. And it’s not anything to feel guilty about or ashamed of.

A few years ago, I ran across “Solar Eclipse” and “**** & Back” by NBA Youngboy and couldn’t help that I felt his vibe, melody, voice, pain lyrics and aggressive delivery. All this from a 16 year old kid at the time. I couldn’t front on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all don't know ****

With all due respect...wtf IS this shįt?!

Lmao jk, actually wasn’t as corny as I was expecting. I’m a late 90s baby so it’s old for me but it kinda holds up, Geechi Suede looks a lil like Tmac without the lazy eye lol

That is dope as **** bro. I remember that exact time when every guy in those magazines look like Tyson. I bet I saw your cousin in that because I used to always go and read them in the bodegas, before they tried to kick us kids out lol. I used to hit all those spots, but wasn't able to cop an avirex as a kid( I did eventually get to cop some Pelle Pelle when I was a little older making some money). I usually stayed up town for shopping, Harlem and Washington heights, but when I got a bit older me and my boys would roll through Delancey when we had a bit of paper to spend.

Canal street though was my spot as a kid, fake everything thinking I was looking fly as **** plus we would get the bootleg DVDs and video games.

I used to listen to all those tapes from my barbershop. Clue had the NYC rap on lockdown in those days. A little later Green Lanter and Whoo kid were also in the game. Ron G I remember as a kid and S&S later stayed in the game for a while, I remember they used to have some dope D-Block exclusives on that tape.

I'm happy as **** you posted that song, because I haven't heard Mad Lion since I was a kid. I think he was part of BDP if not he was mad cool with all them, but I forgot all about him, I just threw on his youtube schit on my phone right now.

Yea he modeled: Ecko, South Pole, Enyce, Phat Farm, Esco, and Fubu. Maybe Rocawear too but never Sean John because Tyson (the real thing) was working for them occasionally.

Mobb Deep had some of the best exclusives. Followed by The Lox and later Dipset on J Love mixtapes, I believe his name was.

Advertisement
Literally listen to this daily at the gym before imma hit something heavy. This is my joint and these mofos got the short end of the stick b/c the rap game was beginning to change when this drop,

You don't listen to this.... Stop playing.... Let's get rich, what

I don’t think it’s better than his last album, but that shįt’s hot. Just can’t go into it expecting some Nas bars or anything, he’s not that kind of rapper lol

Trust me; I wouldn’t. Lol. Before, I was a lyricist guy, but I realized that the new gen is far in between w lyrics. But one new dude I’ve been messing w is young Kirk aka DaBaby. I’ve been messing w Polo G too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea he modeled: Ecko, South Pole, Enyce, Phat Farm, Esco, and Fubu. Maybe Rocawear too but never Sean John because Tyson (the real thing) was working for them occasionally.

Mobb Deep had some of the best exclusives. Followed by The Lox and later Dipset on J Love mixtapes, I believe his name was.

**** bro I remember when all those brands were dope too. I wish rappers still wore clothes made by us. Instead of straight foreign designer clothes. Theres a kid in Philly making clothes called Spergo, I copped a few of them, but he doesn't have that many different designs.

Gotta agree with you there bro. I had tapes from all 3 groups. Still listen to them to this day. Classics.

**** bro I remember when all those brands were dope too. I wish rappers still wore clothes made by us. Instead of straight foreign designer clothes. Theres a kid in Philly making clothes called Spergo, I copped a few of them, but he doesn't have that many different designs.

Gotta agree with you there bro. I had tapes from all 3 groups. Still listen to them to this day. Classics.

Clue, S&S, Ron G, Dirty Harry, Juice, Mista Rello & Jadel, Kay Slay, Capri...

AR told on himself in the Vlad video. Free my man tho. Real one!

They gave my man life, he was laughin...ran into the snitch and he stabbed em!

Advertisement
Back