Pro Wrestling OT- R.I.P Road Warrior/LOD Animal

Advertisement
**** this is sad. Gayle Sayers and Joe? Man.... why do wrestlers die so young... RIP
glasses talking GIF by South Park

Advertisement
Drugs, mainly.

Think they used to work hurt a lot and used drugs to get through the daily grind.
Its the lifestyle, not the drugs per se. The drugs are just a piece of the lifestyle they had for a majority of their adult lives.

The constant Travel, the wear n tear on the body, the lack of proper recovery time, long hours of sedentary life (car rides).

They are like truck driving, combat sports athletes, that live like rock stars for 330 days a year. That Era of wrestlers (late 70s to mid 00s) is filled with dudes on the clock.

Yes. He was a LB for Ohio state. This hits a little hard for me. The road warriors were my favorite tag team as a kid. Them and the Heart foundation and Rockers.
I was a big wrestling fan as a kid. For me, I always thought Bret Hart was the most talented wrestler I ever saw if you’re talking technical precision. Benoit and Malenko were good technical wrestlers too but Hart had it all with skill and persona. In college I went to a match in Baltimore and earlier that day I sat next to Hawk, Animal and Sting in a restaurant. Weird seeing all of them with no face paint. Lol. @djnellz was a big wrestling fan. I think @1LuvCane too.

Advertisement
I was a big wrestling fan as a kid. For me, I always thought Bret Hart was the most talented wrestler I ever saw if you’re talking technical precision. Benoit and Malenko were good technical wrestlers too but Hart had it all with skill and persona. In college I went to a match in Baltimore and earlier that day I sat next to Hawk, Animal and Sting in a restaurant. Weird seeing all of them with no face paint. Lol. @djnellz was a big wrestling fan. I think @1LuvCane too.
You said it bro, the hitman was a level above. When that music would hit and he’d come out from behind that curtain with those mirror shades on, that was about as cool as it gets. I had those mirror shades when I was a kid. Lol another guy that was super technical that people forget about was Ricky the dragon steamboat.

You said it bro, the hitman was a level above. When that music would hit and he’d come out from behind that curtain with those mirror shades on, that was about as cool as it gets. I had those mirror shades when I was a kid. Lol another guy that was super technical that people forget about was Ricky the dragon steamboat.
Rickey Steamboat is slept on crazy!
I’d throw Mike Rotunda and the Great Mutah in the all-technically sound team. Mr. Perfect, Paul Orndorf, Rick Rude, Rick Flair and the Midnight Express.

Advertisement
I’d throw Mike Rotunda and the Great Mutah in the all-technically sound team. Mr. Perfect, Paul Orndorf, Rick Rude, Rick Flair and the Midnight Express.
Nice list! I still remember the “perfect plex” and ole ravishing pulling up a hot chic from the crowd to kiss before the match. Lmao

“From Syracuse University.... Mike Rotunda.”

I didn’t know his father-in-law is Blackjack Mulligan and 2 of his kids are wrestlers.

When I was a kid and you heard Black Sabbath Iron man. It was a guaranteed mark out. The Road Warriors face ir heel were awesome. I saw them in the Orange Bowl. Great American Bash '87. Best Tag team ever contender...

Advertisement
“From Syracuse University.... Mike Rotunda.”

I didn’t know his father-in-law is Blackjack Mulligan and 2 of his kids are wrestlers.
I believe Black Jack is his actual father. Bo Dallas has Barry Windham's facial features. Imo

Advertisement
Back