OT: PPP Loans (NOT FOR COVID DISCUSSION OR POLITICS)

For_The_U

All ACC
@Andrew closed the COVID forum for the week, so please do NOT make this a thread discussing COVID or politics. I just want to know if any of you who were applying for PPP loans have received anything yet? Don't care why or why not, just if you have received funds (or even more recent correspondence from your bank) and when. I've received nothing. No contact at all since I was asked to upload the supporting documents a week+ ago. Thanks!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was finally able to get mine submitted through a local bank Friday after being jerked around by the mess Wells Fargo and the Feds have. Bank rep told me at their bank if loan is under $100K, funding is taking about a week. More than $100k taking twice as long.

I was finally able to get mine submitted through a local bank Friday after being jerked around by the mess Wells Fargo and the Feds have. Bank rep told me at their bank if loan is under $100K, funding is taking about a week. More than $100k taking twice as long.

Good info. Thanks.

Advertisement
Thanks, guys. Do you happen to know if making a second application will mess you up? I would think it likely would. There are 3 local credit unions that were listed on the SBA's PPP site. I went through BOA because it was my understanding you were best to use your current bank, especially if you have a banking and lending relationship with them already, which I do. But I'm now starting to regret not going through one of the smaller local ones.

Thanks, guys. Do you happen to know if making a second application will mess you up? I would think it likely would. There are 3 local credit unions that were listed on the SBA's PPP site. I went through BOA because it was my understanding you were best to use your current bank, especially if you have a banking and lending relationship with them already, which I do. But I'm now starting to regret not going through one of the smaller local ones.

I think everyone is doing it if they see a better and faster opportunity. You can always tell the first applicant to void because there will be some follow up at some point from them.

How far did you get in the application process with BofA?

@Andrew closed the COVID forum for the week, so please do NOT make this a thread discussing COVID or politics. I just want to know if any of you who were applying for PPP loans have received anything yet? Don't care why or why not, just if you have received funds (or even more recent correspondence from your bank) and when. I've received nothing. No contact at all since I was asked to upload the supporting documents a week+ ago. Thanks!

We submitted our application last Monday, and received word late Friday that our application was approved. Our banker told us to expect the funds in 7-10 days.

Advertisement
How far did you get in the application process with BofA?
My path was confusing and frustrating...

The only entity I could find taking apps at midnight that first Thursday was Ameris Bank via email. So I sent one. I did that because I wanted to get in line and I had read BOA wasn't going to be ready for up to two weeks.

But that next day at noon I learn BOA's online application is open. So I go through and apply there since they are my current bank and a lender of mine. No documentation sent at time of application with BOA, unlike Ameris. Seems fine and I get an immediate acceptance (not approval) email. I was worried the fact I had previously submitted to Ameris may cause me issues, like being kicked out of the early queue for fraud screening due to a double application.

That Saturday I get an email from some Vice President of commercial funding with Ameris who says they changed their application form and need me to resubmit with the new form and one additional support document (and email to him, not reapply generally). However, before I could respond to him and mention the BOA app, I got a separate email from Ameris (which was a general email to many, unlike the direct one I got from the VP guy) that said they would be handling their own customers first due to demand and that we should apply with our own bank if we have one. Ok, that's probably a good thing I'm thinking since I was worried about that double app situation and had already applied with my bank. So I wrote the VP guy back and said disregard. He wrote back and said "Thank you for letting me know".

On Monday (4/6) I got an email from BOA saying they were ready for me to upload documents through a 3rd party site. I went within the hour and uploaded everything. I have not heard a thing since that day.

What really concerns me is I have no reason to believe my application was approved. If it was approved and I was just waiting for funding, that'd be one thing. But I feel completely left in limbo right now and have no means of inquiring.

I'm starting to kick myself both for not moving forward with that Ameris VP who had contacted me directly (though, of course, the "we are only working with our customers" mandate came after his initial email to me), and for not applying through a small local credit union initially. But at this point, I think the only option that makes sense for me is to hold on with my BOA app and hope for the best.

I appreciate the input, fam. Please continue posting here with updates, if you don't mind. I'll do the same. And thanks to everyone who has posted for keeping this thread on track. Wasn't trying to spite Andrew's rule by any means.

Last edited:
So far I have give WF info and they are pretty much responding in emails saying they are backed up and they will keep me posted, but can't even take the application right now.

Advertisement
This program is basically passing paying unemployment and furlough benefits from the government to the employer.

I can see the thought process behind it. Overall it has it's flawed but I think it's good overall.
Agree. I think it's an absolutely brilliant program in its design. But the procedure re actually getting funds into the hands of those who urgently need it is proving to be a disaster. Many businesses cannot make it two more weeks without funding. Literally.

Agree. I think it's an absolutely brilliant program in its design. But the procedure re actually getting funds into the hands of those who urgently need it is proving to be a disaster. Many businesses cannot make it two more weeks without funding. Literally.

Yeah I'm seeing that with a lot of my clients. But I think if they're able to get this thing running and pay the vast majority of people within 30 days or so, it's a success overall.

Advertisement
We got our application in within minutes of the program going live with our bank on that first Friday. We received word yesterday that we were approved, however we have not received funding yet and did not get a definite timeline for a deposit.

Well well well...

I went reading online to see what other experiences people were having with BOA. A lot of people had new documentation posted onto the 3rd party portal that needed filling out, but didn't receive any notification about that. Turns out, I'm in that boat. There is a loan calculation page (even though those figures were submitted as part of the app) and a new app addendum in there since last time I checked. Definitely didn't get a notice. Anyways, I am filling them out right now and uploading. I'll be sure to post here with any updates.

Anyone else with BOA, go to your Intralinks account ASAP and see if new docs have appeared in there.

Yeah I'm seeing that with a lot of my clients. But I think if they're able to get this thing running and pay the vast majority of people within 30 days or so, it's a success overall.

Problem is $349 billion isn't going to come close to filling the need. A lot of SBs will be left out in the cold without a lot more funding.

Advertisement
Back