OT-Players opting out of high school

GojiraCane

All ACC
I saw this in relation to a Texas recruit today. Much as some players are now choosing to miss games to prepare for the NFL, we now have at least one player who is opting out of his senior season of high school football to prepare for college. Is this a one off or the start of a trend?

Advertisement
what a bunch of narcissistic nonsense.

what next, he gets 30 carries as a freshman, and then decides to sit out his remaining three years?

compare this moron with a guy like garcia, who could have easily have taken a mulligan last season, but instead moved heaven and earth just to be able to play football somewhere, in some HS in America.

which of those two guys do you think are going to be better teammates, better players, and greater successes in life?

yep. exactly.

what next, he gets 30 carries as a freshman, and then decides to sit out his remaining three years?

compare this moron with a guy like garcia, who could have easily have taken a mulligan last season, but instead moved heaven and earth just to be able to play football somewhere, in some HS in America.

which of those two guys do you think are going to be better teammates, better players, and greater successes in life?

yep. exactly.
The difference is, he's not going to get drafted after 30 carries as a freshman. He's already got the scholarship to the school he wants to go to. I'd be ****ed off if I was his teammate because it's a selfish move but honestly, he's got nothing to gain at all by playing another year of high school football. Especially since wear and tear is something that NFL teams care about when drafting a running back.

Advertisement

yep. exactly.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

yep. exactly.
probably the one with the most talent in all probability. People just wnat players to do it the traditional way that makes them happy. If these thoughts prevailed, we'd still have kids playing four years of college ball to make money for the ncaa.......i'd rather they decide on their own how to do things that benefit them versus the status quo for others.

Advertisement
Back