OT- Orlando Apollo’s

954Cane'21

Recruit
It’s official, I’m a fan. If you didn’t know the AFF has been quietly having a pretty successful debut season. Our Florida team (based in Orlando), the Apollo’s, are 1st in the league and are coached by former gayturd HC Steve spurrier. We have 1 player on the Apollo’s Anthony Moten. If you can get past spurrier being the coach, through game 8 there’s actually a lot to like about the league.

The Apollo’s are about 80-90% In state players and the quality of play is surprisingly good. If you think about it logically, there’s currently around 79,000 college football players, 1700 NFL, and 400 AAF. Theoretically meaning they’re still in the top 3% of all CFB players. In addition players can also leave at anytime to go to the NFL as the contracts are non binding, and practice squad players in the NFL can play AAF in the offseason.

All the rules are identical to the NFL except for 9, the biggest being no extra points and no kickoffs. While it’s a little bit of an adjustment I actually find it really entertaining to see a team HAVE to go for the 2pt after every touchdown. It’s also notable that the refs definitely “let the players play” a lot more. Big hits are a fun thing to watch, but they do a good job of keeping it balanced so it doesn’t detract from the game.

Has anyone else been keeping up/ watched a game/ what are your thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
My buddy who works for the Atlanta team told me the league is folding tomorrow. Hopefully he’s wrong or they get another round of investing this weekend but that’s what they were told on Friday.

I caught a couple of games. It was alright but I'm hearing the league might not even make it to the playoffs before it folds.

I’m a football fan so, I watch whenever I get a chance. My son and I keep up with the Apollo’s because they are the state team. It’s kinda hard because my son plays in a spring league and I spend a lot of Saturday’s traveling. I hate Spurrier to this day and give all the credit for their success to anybody but him. I do like that the refs actually let the players play and not call BS penalties.

My buddy who works for the Atlanta team told me the league is folding tomorrow. Hopefully he’s wrong or they get another round of investing this weekend but that’s what they were told on Friday.

Unfortunately I heard the same, and u can thank the NFLPA for this. The AAF opened w the mindset of being the equivalent of what the G league is to the NBA, they would be to the NFL.

From what I understand, The NFL was on board w it, hence its games being aired on the NFL Network, but the NFL doesn’t want to provide young players to the AAF’s rosters that are on practice squads and may be in line for a future contract.

The AAF don’t want to be a league full of washed out players trying to resurrect their careers. They want it to be a minor league system for guys who are either unsigned out of college or who were drafted low and are on practice squads.

I know negotiations are on-going, and hopefully this will be resolved b/c I like the AAF, personally

Advertisement
It’s official, I’m a fan. If you didn’t know the AFF has been quietly having a pretty successful debut season. Our Florida team (based in Orlando), the Apollo’s, are 1st in the league and are coached by former gayturd HC Steve spurrier. We have 1 player on the Apollo’s Anthony Moten. If you can get past spurrier being the coach, through game 8 there’s actually a lot to like about the league.

The Apollo’s are about 80-90% In state players and the quality of play is surprisingly good. If you think about it logically, there’s currently around 79,000 college football players, 1700 NFL, and 400 AAF. Theoretically meaning they’re still in the top 3% of all CFB players. In addition players can also leave at anytime to go to the NFL as the contracts are non binding, and practice squad players in the NFL can play AAF in the offseason.

All the rules are identical to the NFL except for 9, the biggest being no extra points and no kickoffs. While it’s a little bit of an adjustment I actually find it really entertaining to see a team HAVE to go for the 2pt after every touchdown. It’s also notable that the refs definitely “let the players play” a lot more. Big hits are a fun thing to watch, but they do a good job of keeping it balanced so it doesn’t detract from the game.

Has anyone else been keeping up/ watched a game/ what are your thoughts?
I agree with you. I’ve got a couple home town guys In the league that made me follow. Tyson graham who I played tball and youth football with arguably the best safety in the league. Plus shoelace who Is fat now lmao but from my hood and HS team. Plus the games feature plenty of familiar names from being college stars and huge recruits. The quality of play is above CFB level. The only thing missing is fan support. If this league gets that, huge NFL/CFB should definitely grow to like it..I’m all for it

The 4 letter ran a story last week about this being a possibility

Advertisement
They have to get the games on regular networks. NFL network and Bleacher report tv wont cut it.

****, that's a shame. I've enjoyed watching it

Advertisement
Unfortunately I heard the same, and u can thank the NFLPA for this. The AAF opened w the mindset of being the equivalent of what the G league is to the NBA, they would be to the NFL.

From what I understand, The NFL was on board w it, hence its games being aired on the NFL Network, but the NFL doesn’t want to provide young players to the AAF’s rosters that are on practice squads and may be in line for a future contract.

The AAF don’t want to be a league full of washed out players trying to resurrect their careers. They want it to be a minor league system for guys who are either unsigned out of college or who were drafted low and are on practice squads.

I know negotiations are on-going, and hopefully this will be resolved b/c I like the AAF, personally

Completely disagree.

If the NFL wants a minor league system, the NFL teams should fund the league.

The Player's Association has no fault in this situation.

The 4 letter ran a story last week about this being a possibility

That owner is CRAZY!

The NFLPA is doing the right thing by their players. The NFL doesn't guarantee contracts, so there is ZERO incentive to put young players into this league.

They've been on the verge of bankruptcy since before they played their first game. The league's appeal was going to be that of a minor league/farm system for the NFL where a lot of these practice squad/ borderline players would get opportunities to play and possibly make a roster rather than just getting stashed on someone's practice squad for a year or two and then disappearing. I don't know if it's the NFL or the NFLPA to blame but without the "minor league" status, it's just another league for washed out has beens and never would bes.

I doubt that there will ever be a viable start up pro football team that succeeds. There have been several the past 30 years and they all folded. Prez trump and McMahon of wrestling fame started new pro teams and they went out of business. The European league which was subsidized by nfl also ceased to exist. Pro football fans want the real deal. The nfl get the best players and new startups get the left overs. Talent counts when a decision is made to spend entertainment money.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back