OT: Ole Miss TE

TE got hurt during practice today, had no feeling in his body had to be airlifted.

Ole Miss tight end Damarcus Thomas sustained a serious injury that left him motionless and without feeling for several minutes, coach Lane Kiffin revealed on Monday. Practice was stopped immediately and an ambulance was called, and the crew determined that Thomas required to be airlifted to a hospital as a result of the injury.

"DaMarcus Thomas was hit and hasn't moved since," Kiffin said (via: 247Sports). "The helicopter is on its way now. Obviously, I'll answer questions. I've got to do my job about the game, whatever it is, but nothing seems very important right now. He never moved and he hasn't. There's no feeling in his entire body. We've informed the family. I don't know. I don't know if I've seen anything as hard or like that, personally."

The specific circumstances surrounding the injury have not been made public, but running back Jerrion Ealy told reporters as much as he could about what happened to Thomas on Monday.

"It was just a normal football play," Ealy said. "A freak accident. We're praying for DJ (DaMarcus Thomas). Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. We're just all praying for him, and we really hope to have him back soon."

The injury was so devastating to see that it shook Kiffin to the core.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is Felder on the strength staff there?
i'm dead smh GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
Just hoping it’s simply precautionary and it’s not a spinal injury.

But although rare, incapacitating spinal or skeletal injuries happen every year, in every level of football. Some are incapacitating for life.

Which is why the manufactured canard about myocarditis or even Covid was so laughable when projected towards the players’ health, when the actual real health risks of the game itself, both short and long term, are incalculably greater.

Just hoping it’s simply precautionary and it’s not a spinal injury.

But although rare, incapacitating spinal or skeletal injuries happen every year, in every level of football. Some are incapacitating for life.

Which is why the manufactured canard about myocarditis or even Covid was so laughable when projected towards the players’ health, when the actual real health risks of the game itself, both short and long term, are incalculably greater.
Yeah, I'd rather take my risks with the Vid as a 20 year old than with a snapped spinal cord. Give me 10 symptom-free days in quarantine over a shortened lifetime of sipping and puffing my way around in a rolling coffin, talking with that awful nondescript computer voice through a keyboard and typing with my eyelashes.

Advertisement
LMAO, you killed me with the comment so took my life and went in the ground.
It's 3rd and 43 right now for that young man from Old ****. So, let's utter some meaningless tripe about keeping him in our prayers while we go about our lives the same way we would if we hadn't heard about him splattered in the grass like a dollop of Cool Whip. We'll act like we're moved, then get mad 3 minutes later because tonight's episode of Filthy Rich is a re-run.

Yeah, I'd rather take my risks with the Vid as a 20 year old than with a snapped spinal cord. Give me 10 symptom-free days in quarantine over a shortened lifetime of sipping and puffing my way around in a rolling coffin, talking with that awful nondescript computer voice through a keyboard and typing with my eyelashes.

Exactly. There’s also thousands of ex-college and NFL players limping around today that would trade the vid for a lifetime of musculoskeletal problems. It’s not even close.

Advertisement
Back