OT Ohio State has to play the next two to qualify - the Harbaugh factor

Silver King

Pass Block
How bazaar will it be if they get the Michigan State game in, but then Harbaugh finally derails OSU by not being able to take the field in FSU style?

"Big Ten rules require a team play at least six games to qualify for the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the league average drops below six. Ohio State’s game against Maryland was canceled and the schedule does not allow for makeup games."

Advertisement
How bazaar will it be if they get the Michigan State game in, but then Harbaugh finally derails OSU by not being able to take the field in FSU style?

"Big Ten rules require a team play at least six games to qualify for the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the league average drops below six. Ohio State’s game against Maryland was canceled and the schedule does not allow for makeup games."
OSU doesn’t give a crap about that because theirs no qualifiers by the CFP and that’s all they care about and the CFP ain't dropping them. So long story short, makes no difference to OSU.

Advertisement

The big ten has already said they will look at amending the rule if they need to. If Ohio st goes 5-0 do you think they will send say one loss Indiana to the championship game that Ohio st has already beat? I seriously doubt it. The committee has to do the right thing and say sorry big ten keeping OSU out.

Advertisement
I want this to happen so badly. Imagine an undefeated Ohio State team not being eligible for the Big Ten Championship but still getting into the playoff.

I need this
They've made the playoffs before without making their conference title game, and that was for actual on-field results. As long as they and Bama are eligible for the playoffs, the CFP is putting them in

Advertisement
My favorite timeline is the one where TAMU loses to Auburn and Florduh loses to Bama which makes Cincinnati #5 behind ohio state. Then the committee decides to punk osu like they did to TCU in the final week of 2014. The irony of osu getting hosed like TCU when they were the beneficiary of the committee's shenanigans in 2014 and the fact that their little stepsister Cinci would go ahead of them would be too much for the city of Columbus to handle. There would be mass suicides. It would be epically glorious.

Advertisement
The only way I will believe osu has anything to worry about is if @Bernie 2-0 says so. He is the closet osu fan with the inside scoop.
I talked to someone high up in football ops in Columbus. The chances the Buckeyes play this Saturday are 75% but the squad would be missing some key players. They can beat most teams in that conference with their back ups. They had things under control and all **** broke loose late last week. The next several days will be crucial because if The buckeyes do not play the final two regular season games and the championship game they have absolutely no chance of getting to the playoffs, that is from a guy with the initials GS!
The only way I will believe osu has anything to worry about is if @Bernie 2-0 says so. He is the closet osu fan with the inside scoop.

I talked to someone high up in football ops in Columbus. The chances the Buckeyes play this Saturday are 75% but the squad would be missing some key players. They can beat most teams in that conference with their back ups. They had things under control and all **** broke loose late last week. The next several days will be crucial because if The buckeyes do not play the final two regular season games and the championship game they have absolutely no chance of getting to the playoffs, that is from a guy with the initials GS!

Unfortunately the Big10's own ridiculously strict covid protocols are what is going to end up ******** osu if anything does.

Advertisement
Back