OT: Nike England European Championships kits (jerseys)

OldhamA

Senior
Nike whores (you know who are, I won't @ you) assemble and explain this abomination to me.

Screenshot_20240321-145236.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine if the stripes were randomly rainbow coloured on the Olympic uniforms. You'd go and grab your musket.

I get where u’re coming from, but this literally not a rainbow flag.

I see a lot of conservatives up in arms about this, assuming that this is Nike’s attempt to bring “woke culture” on to them.

This was the idea behind the flag:

A Nike spokesperson told media outlets: "The England 2024 Home kit disrupts history with a modern take on a classic.
"The trim on the cuffs takes its cues from the training gear worn by England's 1966 heroes, with a gradient of blues and reds topped with purple. The same colours also feature an interpretation of the flag of St George on the back of the collar."

So I definitely get where u’re coming from; I’m not a fan of altering flag, but how’s it’s been presented is incorrect.

Advertisement
I get where u’re coming from, but this literally not a rainbow flag.

I see a lot of conservatives up in arms about this, assuming that this is Nike’s attempt to bring “woke culture” on to them.

This was the idea behind the flag:

A Nike spokesperson told media outlets: "The England 2024 Home kit disrupts history with a modern take on a classic.
"The trim on the cuffs takes its cues from the training gear worn by England's 1966 heroes, with a gradient of blues and reds topped with purple. The same colours also feature an interpretation of the flag of St George on the back of the collar."

So I definitely get where u’re coming from; I’m not a fan of altering flag, but how’s it’s been presented is incorrect.
You didn't let me down. :LOL:

Advertisement
my guy, germany went into an all-out-rage because our national teams away units are pink. "how dare they", "its all woke", "legends would never agree with this"

the jersey is breaking sales numbers and the media campaign was widely celebrated. and iirc correctly, the new england jerseys are getting sold out more and more.

it's literally about selling jerseys. that's just it. people need to stop digging so deep for everything. not every release from a brand has deeper political meaning behind it, sometimes its the plain "the majority likes this, so we're gonna do this to make money"

(and then the dfb decided to accept a nike proposal that nets them over half a billion euros in seven years)

So you're telling me a stretched U on the neck of a jersey is an abomination?

Let's cancel the ACC.

You're kidding, right?

First, while I have been annoyed at the stretched U, I haven't called it an abomination.

Second, the stretched U is a multi-year design defect that should have been corrected by now, not a one-time stylistic choice.

Carry on, though.

Imagine if the stripes were randomly rainbow coloured on the Olympic uniforms. You'd go and grab your musket.

You mean like this:
1711109798211.png

Or this:
1711109896762.png

Or even this combo platter:
1711109914420.png

Yeah, I've learned to live with it, without running for my "musket".

Advertisement
Back