OT: Night Stalker on Netflix

Advertisement
I binged it the other day. He was a REALLY sick fvck, obviously. Thought the documentary was for sure well worth the watch, especially if you didn't know anything about him. But I wish it'd have focused more on how/why he became what he became. They touched on it very briefly, but I think most people know what he did. Wish they'd have spent a little more time on dissecting where he went wrong. Overall very good though.

Not a bad series but definitely over-produced with all the reenactment scenes.

I’m never a fan of the reenactment scenes but the wife and I loved the documentary. There’s another Netflix documentary (forget the name) that we watched recently about a husband you killed his wife and two daughters. We like stuff like this, Mind Hunters, and Criminal Minds. If you are a fan of Criminal Minds, the serial killer in season 5, episode 23 “Our Darkest Hour” was in reference to Richard Ramirez (the Night Stalker).

Advertisement
I binged it the other day. He was a REALLY sick fvck, obviously. Thought the documentary was for sure well worth the watch, especially if you didn't know anything about him. But I wish it'd have focused more on how/why he became what he became. They touched on it very briefly, but I think most people know what he did. Wish they'd have spent a little more time on dissecting where he went wrong. Overall very good though.
I literally just watched that background piece and thought the same thing. I mean no wonder he was messed up, wish they'd said more. How do you mention that his dad hung him up on a cross in a graveyard overnight for punishment and then just stop with that?

I literally just watched that background piece and thought the same thing. I mean no wonder he was messed up, wish they'd said more. How do you mention that his dad hung him up on a cross in a graveyard overnight for punishment and then just stop with that?
Also an uncle of his exposed him to old polaroids of people he killed and raped during vietnam. Same uncle shot his wife in front of Richard.

I have been saying all along that people need to documentaries on people like this that simply trace and track their past and what potential causes there are that led to this.
Mindhunters touches on that but even that doesn't truly go deep into any of the actual cases that they are working on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back