OT: Nigel Bethel thread...Now Reinstated...Video included

I know I'll take some **** for it, but...take him. Depth is depth. He didn't do anything, girl hit him first. I don't think Al will take him though. He's crazy if he goes back there to Texas Tech

Why the **** would we take someone we let go, he did not decommit, he was kinda forced out of the class. We did not want him then and we **** sure don't want him now.

And to the person that tried to compare this to Fig, GTFOH with that ****.

Fig admitted that he drugged and raped a 17 yr old girl, he deserves the same treatment in jail, and as a man with 2 sisters, I wish they would fry that MFer Cane or not, and to be honest I wish this piece of **** never put on a Cane uniform.

He was the last player on the team that I thought would ever pull that type of **** with being raised by two great Marine no nonsense parents and the whole Raising Canes video of him and his parents, still can't believe it.

I can't imagine how his parents must feel.

And why does a UM starting LB have to rape underage chicks to get laid? WTF

Sorry for the rant

You need to learn the difference between a police report and sworn testimony chief. Give the man his due process.

Is there a difference between a confession and a confession?

When you turn yourself in, and admit your guilt, due process has already been duly administered.
The only due process left is formality.

Going to be playing running back and linebacker for The Mean Machine for the next 5-10 years.

Advertisement
I know I'll take some **** for it, but...take him. Depth is depth. He didn't do anything, girl hit him first. I don't think Al will take him though. He's crazy if he goes back there to Texas Tech

Why the **** would we take someone we let go, he did not decommit, he was kinda forced out of the class. We did not want him then and we **** sure don't want him now.

And to the person that tried to compare this to Fig, GTFOH with that ****.

Fig admitted that he drugged and raped a 17 yr old girl, he deserves the same treatment in jail, and as a man with 2 sisters, I wish they would fry that MFer Cane or not, and to be honest I wish this piece of **** never put on a Cane uniform.

He was the last player on the team that I thought would ever pull that type of **** with being raised by two great Marine no nonsense parents and the whole Raising Canes video of him and his parents, still can't believe it.

I can't imagine how his parents must feel.

And why does a UM starting LB have to rape underage chicks to get laid? WTF

Sorry for the rant

You need to learn the difference between a police report and sworn testimony chief. Give the man his due process.

Is there a difference between a confession and a confession?

When you turn yourself in, and admit your guilt, due process has already been duly administered.
The only due process left is formality.

Going to be playing running back and linebacker for The Mean Machine for the next 5-10 years.

Oh boy, not this again.

Clearly Bethel could've handled the altercation better. I hope he gets a 2nd chance somewhere. Grand Jury reprimanding ttech and trying to give bethel a little respect back is rare.

269.gif

Security camera video of the situation. Battle is in the gray and Bethel is in the white.
[video=youtube;mkWHOcdtN4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWHOcdtN4Y[/video]
[video=youtube;bVu2VnESlTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVu2VnESlTM[/video]
[video=youtube;AzAVm9d7Dps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzAVm9d7Dps[/video] The actual punch.

Also. "Texas Tech Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt said, ”We desire to see Mr. Bethel’s scholarship re-instated. If he is re-instated, it is our belief that his consequences should not be greater than those of Ms. Battle.”"
http://98kool.com/texas-tech-has-re...ttle-bethel-incident-video/?trackback=tsmclip

Advertisement
Kid is lucky. Guy still hit that girl, so he's still a punk ****. That's all.

Don't agree. The ***** was nasty, she had no business hitting him first, his response was an instinctive reaction to her assault. I'm not saying people should go around hitting anyone, men or women, but she was the one who initiated it. He didn't premeditate apparently, he did it without thinking. I might do the same thing.

After looking at the video, it would have been better if he just walked away. He had a few seconds before he reacted. No need for such rough play in a pickup game; he was unnecessarily rough. Maybe she provoked it earlier, I don't know.

Last edited:
My feeling is the punishment should be the same. This was not assault, this was a fight. It is very unfair to treat them both differently and if so then kick them both out of school. She, initiated it with shoving and being way overly physical in a pick up basketball game, then throws a punch, then lies to the police. And yet she gets suspended and he gets kicked out.

Think about this then go re-read the thread who two-thirds of this place threw figueroa under the bus as soon as the allegations against him were revealed.

figueroa admitted to drugging and raping a 17 year old. there's a big gulf between that and self defense.

Absolutely, this was in the heat of an intense basketball scrimmage. Bethel seemed to horse-collar her while she went to the basket. His play was rough, and she reacted to it. I don't know what you do if you're going to have pickup games and play rough. The victim can ignore it or try to defend herself. She assaulted him. He should have walked away, but she did hit him. I don't think either was right. I have no idea what was going on earlier in the scrimmage that caused Bethel to play so rough when she went to the basket. This crap is going to happen. I originally thought it was an instantaneous reaction to her slugging him. It wasn't really, it took a couple of seconds for him to react. He should have walked away. If this was a game maybe she wouldn't have hit him since he would have been called for a foul. I can kind of understand her reaction. Both were wrong, but he seemed to start it with uncalled for rough play.

Advertisement
Kid is lucky. Guy still hit that girl, so he's still a punk ****. That's all.

Don't agree. The ***** was nasty, she had no business hitting him first, his response was an instnictive reaction to her assault. I'm not saying people should go around hitting anyone, men or women, but she was the one who initiated it. He didn't premeditate apparently, he did it without thinking. I might do the same thing.

Most would react the same. She hit him hard and it looked like he just gave her a jab. How she didn't get kicked out being the instigator is just wrong. ******* want equal rights, give it to them starting with this crap.

My feeling is the punishment should be the same. This was not assault, this was a fight. It is very unfair to treat them both differently and if so then kick them both out of school. She, initiated it with shoving and being way overly physical in a pick up basketball game, then throws a punch, then lies to the police. And yet she gets suspended and he gets kicked out.

It looks like he fouled her, it was deliberate and perhaps unnecessarily rough. I couldn't tell what was happening in the earlier videos. Maybe she provoked it, I don't know. It got out of hand.

Think about this then go re-read the thread who two-thirds of this place threw figueroa under the bus as soon as the allegations against him were revealed.

figueroa admitted to drugging and raping a 17 year old. there's a big gulf between that and self defense.

Absolutely, this was in the heat of an intense basketball scrimmage. Bethel seemed to horse-collar her while she went to the basket. His play was rough, and she reacted to it. I don't know what you do if you're going to have pickup games and play rough. The victim can ignore it or try to defend herself. She assaulted him. He should have walked away, but she did hit him. I don't think either was right. I have no idea what was going on earlier in the scrimmage that caused Bethel to play so rough when she went to the basket. This crap is going to happen. I originally thought it was an instantaneous reaction to her slugging him. It wasn't really, it took a couple of seconds for him to react. He should have walked away. If this was a game maybe she wouldn't have hit him since he would have been called for a foul. I can kind of understand her reaction. Both were wrong, but he seemed to start it with uncalled for rough play.

WTF??? It was a pick up game. They are always rough. He had bad position and slapped at the ball and hit her hands/arms... thats BBall in the hood.

Let the kid back in TT, it was a mess yes, he didn't kill anyone. Both should get the same punishment in this case, don't ruin the kids life over one bad mistake. JMO

After watching it a few times, Bethel is an A hole, but don't kick him out of school. She ate his lunch at the top of the key, that's for dam sure. He sucks at BB stick with football.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It looks like he fouled her, it was deliberate and perhaps unnecessarily rough. I couldn't tell what was happening in the earlier videos. Maybe she provoked it, I don't know. It got out of hand.
She went to the basket in the 2nd one and then proceeded to shove him, In the 1st one she then tried to tackle the man in orange as he went to the basket. She was playing rough for awhile it looked like. It didn't really look like he horse collared her but it did look like he made sure she couldn't make the shot.

Advertisement
She deserved it..she was doing a lot of **** talking... smudge pushed him in the back of the head. Let her do that **** in Baltimore.. Bet she would've got more than her jaw broke.

Advertisement
Back