OT Nelson blows up quick, building relationship with Justice

I like Nelson, Connecticut Kid and Armella. All have P5 bodies and weight. We have to replace Gaynor at center. He's he weakest link. Go see the Rivals Canesport site. They have a highlight for a caption and it clearly shows him getting pushed "DEEP" into the backfield in a short yardage situation. IMO Big Baby Seymore will be a stronger option even as a fresman.

Advertisement
Nelson is shopping for a package offer for him and his brother. In the age of the transfer portal, as a high 3* or low 4* prep olinemen that will need a redshirt year in a college S&C program, he may be over playing his hand early which will cause colleges to move on to other players; especially with little to no in person evaluation period.

Nelson also has a brother, Logan, who is a fellow member of the 2022 class. Logan Nelson has flexed between tight end and offensive tackle during his high school. In 2020, he switched out with another player depending on the matchup. Logan is currently about 6-foot-5, 220-pounds.
“If we get an offer to a pretty big college that I’m ok with going to with him, that would definitely play a huge factor in me choosing a school because we grew up together,” Nelson said. “If not, I can always separate myself from him.”

Go Canes

Kid rocking a mullet? Yeah I don’t think he ends up here.

A lot of positives here in our favor, Justice needs to close on this kid.
The second a kid mentions private school and education, it puts us darn near the top of the list. I think he's all ours after reading that. Yeah, he may want to get his brother into a school, but I think his parents will let him know to do what is best for HIM, and everything will work out for his brother.

And wow at that shot at FSU. He might as well have said, "You can be stupid and still get into FSU."

Advertisement
Did this guy watch the same Zion we saw freshmen year? A lot of upside? Dude was on the worst tackles in division 1.
Obviously he made huge strides last season.
All of that could be true, as well as showing a lot of upside in the process. Struggle builds character, and Zion showed this past year that he has a strong one.

I like Nelson, Connecticut Kid and Armella. All have P5 bodies and weight. We have to replace Gaynor at center. He's he weakest link. Go see the Rivals Canesport site. They have a highlight for a caption and it clearly shows him getting pushed "DEEP" into the backfield in a short yardage situation. IMO Big Baby Seymore will be a stronger option even as a fresman.

Which Connecticut Kid are you referring too?

Go Canes

Why is Zion still bashed for his Freshman year? Is it his fault he was the best LT and was forced to play as an undersized true Freshman. It is going to be great to enjoy the second half of the story as he matures and has all that game experience. If we had depth when he came in this might be the first year he starts.

This is CIS, even perfection is insufficient. Resistance to positivity is futile.

Advertisement
He wants to major in architecture and interior design.
do we have any other intervenor design majors on the team?

Advertisement
Advertisement

what CT kid?

I hope we are in play the kid is legit. Nelson and Richardson are both great athletes. You can see the difference between these 2 and Agbo on tape. Both Richardson and Nelson can play OT at the College level, Agbo just can't move like them.

did we stop recruiting? Didn’t seem him post an official offer from us.

Advertisement
Back