OT:NBA regular season suspended

Advertisement
You're hoping it blows up so you can score political points.

That’s your skin in the game. It’s been clear for days now.

Go watch some more CNN... they need the viewership, since the airports are practically empty, nobody’s watching them.

Also that’s not even up-to-date.

I already crushed your dude Don Lemon’s lies...keep it coming and I’ll keep crushing you. It’s easy since you’re insincere and only in it for the political points you can score.

Don Lemon is the fooking woooooorst

Just curious.

Since you have an Epidemiology degree from Stanford or are top practicing Infectious Disease MD, how am I purely ignorant?
ok, I'll bite just once. So perhaps its deliberate ignorance or even strategic ignorance, nevertheless ignorant.

Who compares a period where people of one small region went ape-**** over some flowers (a region that is now the largest flower exporter in the world, by the way), to a period where an infectious disease has spread world-wide and has caused thousands of deaths?

..then says the reactions are 'knee-jerk'...

[
No I'm not *******. I'm hoping people don't get sick. Y'all are some sick demented people. ****.

How sick and demented is it to spread lies like you do. Just because you’re trying to pimp your political points. That’s what I call sick.

And by the way, you’ll be disappointed to find out, that between yesterday and today, thousands of tests have been submitted, just from the state of Florida alone.

I guess Don Lemon might have known the testing was about to dramatically increase, so he had to get a last shot of fake bullshlt in before he lost that talking point.

Not to worry, ask him for an autographed pic, I hear he’s very accommodating to his fan. (singular on purpose)

Last edited:
No I'm not *******. I'm hoping people don't get sick. Y'all are some sick demented people. ****.
Again, one doesn't have to think this is all a hoax nor hope people get sick in order to believe the pandemonium over it has been irrational. You don't have to have inherent disdain for people who disagree with you in life, bud. That mentality which has been pumped into society for the last decade+ is absolutely killing this country. It's ok to have a different opinion from someone, and just because they disagree with you does not mean they are a scumbag.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why is every single post about this virus get automatically viewed in a political lens? I truly do not understand this. I haven't posted a single message about politics this entire time, yet we get all kinds of accusations flying left and right. This is a natural disaster like a hurricane and I don't understand why we can manage to post about a hurricane without it being all about politics, yet we can't do it about this virus.

I am concerned about testing. It's a legit concern due to actual tests we've done. South Korea had good success dealing with this virus due to crazy levels of testing. We need to follow that lead now. Leave the stupid political bullcrap elsewhere. Jeez.

It's annoying AF and I'm about done with this board. We should be able to have a grown up discussion. I can't hardly ever use social media cause it'll get blown up via politics. I hope this can stop on this board ASAP.

Why is every single post about this virus get automatically viewed in a political lens? I .....

Because you posted a false political hit job and presented it as fact.

I mean this is the most hypocritical post I’ve ever seen in the years I’ve been posting on this site. The guy that made it political, is now lamenting that it’s political.

Because you posted a false political hit job and presented it as fact.

I mean this is the most hypocritical post I’ve ever seen in the years I’ve been posting on this site. The guy that made it political, is now lamenting that it’s political.

I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE POLITICS.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?????

DO YOU?

DO YOU NEED ME TO SAY IT AGAIN?

OK HERE YOU GO, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE POLITICS.

I AM DONE HERE. HAVE A NICE DAY. GO ANNOY SOMEONE ELSE

ok, I'll bite just once. So perhaps its deliberate ignorance or even strategic ignorance, nevertheless ignorant.

Who compares a period where people of one small region went ape-**** over some flowers (a region that is now the largest flower exporter in the world, by the way), to a period where an infectious disease has spread world-wide and has caused thousands of deaths?

..then says the reactions are 'knee-jerk'...

Well really smart people do when comparing, thematically, the psychology of mass hysteria and panic.

Beanie babies and crypto currency rushes and collapses same same.

The housing fueled great recession of 2008...

See a theme.

See, smart people can connect the dots of seemingly dissimilar data, events, etc and learn from what they share in common.

Advertisement
I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE POLITICS.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?????

DO YOU?

DO YOU NEED ME TO SAY IT AGAIN?

OK HERE YOU GO, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE POLITICS.

I had to turn down my keyboard.

You went full IJJB. No one goes full IJJB.

There is only one IJJB.

Come to think of it, I'm looking forward to his hot take....

So anyways...

yoooowhooooo....

Who is our Canes go to playmaker on O this year?

What WR gets separation and makes gains after the catch?

Looking forward to seeing what Restrepo can do.

Why is every single post about this virus get automatically viewed in a political lens? I truly do not understand this. I haven't posted a single message about politics this entire time, yet we get all kinds of accusations flying left and right. This is a natural disaster like a hurricane and I don't understand why we can manage to post about a hurricane without it being all about politics, yet we can't do it about this virus.

I am concerned about testing. It's a legit concern due to actual tests we've done. South Korea had good success dealing with this virus due to crazy levels of testing. We need to follow that lead now. Leave the stupid political bullcrap elsewhere. Jeez.

It's annoying AF and I'm about done with this board. We should be able to have a grown up discussion. I can't hardly ever use social media cause it'll get blown up via politics. I hope this can stop on this board ASAP.

If you don't think the Ds and media aren't using this to try and hurt POTUS 45, you aren't paying attention.

They, Ds and media, don't care about you like you think.

CONVERSELY...

Rs and conservative media would be doing exact same thing if circumstances were reversed.

If you look at this global event, it is truly fascinating to see bell curves of "liberal/creatives" vs "conservatives/work focused" based view points.

You can see the exact same themes around the dinner table, water cooler, media debates, and national responses (given what party is in charge).
Its the same everywhere.

Advertisement
bagdad-bob.jpg

Well, you can either be bagdad bob or you can grasp what will be needed if we allow this thing to go unchecked because we can't get our heads out of our asses and realize this is a highly infectious disease. People are going to get infected, people are gonna need hospitalization. What are we going to do when our health care system can't handle anymore patients? Sitting there like bob is only going to make the spread easier. We are way behind on this and it's only just getting started here. What are people who can't get a hospital bed going to do? We don't know nearly enough but **** it, warm weather is coming.

It's not a big deal? Tell that to the people in Italy. Putting your head in the sand is only going to make the spread worse. It saddens me how short sighted some people are. People are getting sick all over the world but hey, lets listen when some doctor nobody's ever heard about says it's not a big deal.

If you don't think the Ds and media aren't using this to try and hurt POTUS 45, you aren't paying attention.

They, Ds and media, don't care about you like you think.

CONVERSELY...

Rs and conservative media would be doing exact same thing if circumstances were reversed.

If you look at this global event, it is truly fascinating to see bell curves of "liberal/creatives" vs "conservatives/work focused" based view points.

You can see the exact same themes around the dinner table, water cooler, media debates, and national responses (given what party is in charge).
Its the same everywhere.
Add in the media who is loving the attention they're getting and the ad revenue it brings with it.

Add in the media who is loving the attention they're getting and the ad revenue it brings with it.

Bingo.

Does Wolf Blitzer have a single segment, ever, that isnt

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

speaking of...

we havent had a good BNN vs ANN graphic...

Advertisement

What can we infer from this list?

Why are each of these countries experiencing the DOOOM of corona virus very differently???

absolutely. On average aging populations or those who are considered elderly are going to have a higher proportion of people who are immunocompromised simply because your biology obviously degraded so to speak as you age.

so it’s no surprise that rates (as of now) are higher in areas with a higher aging population and the majority of deaths in the USA are weighted in that original elderly facility as of this point.

that said, that is a very very loose definition of what immunocompromised means (‘being old’ means more biological issues with immmunity).

what is not known or being discussed are the hypothetical factors associated with being immunocompromised/comorbidities independent of age related factors.

per the pre existing health conditions the fatality rate among those with diabetes is 8% and we have roughly 26 million people with diabetes. Diabetes is also a way of classifying someone as immunocompromised and affects all ages. You have 18 percent of persons 45-64 in this country considered diabetic as per the cdc. This increases with the elderly but there is potential elevated risk in a younger demographic with a diagnosis of diabetes versus no diagnosis.

what about the 13% fatality rate among those with confirmed corona virus with a pre-existing health condition of cardiovascular disease? Many millions who are under 65 in this country (but as I said that is not just stroke, heart disease etc but a large proportion with high blood pressure) diagnosed with some form of cvd are also at elevated risk. Not just the elderly.

Finally there have been several papers (linked: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.25.20027664v1) already show increased risk of severe events with at least one comorbidity (another paper showed increased severe events among cancer patients) and show increased risk of severe events in comparison to those with no comorbidities (focusing on China).

In the linked paper they adjusted for age in their analyses and their significant hazard ratios for having at least one morbidity versus none or at least 2 comorbidities versus none increased with comorbidity (endpoint: enrolled in icu, ventilation, or death as primary outcome). So basically severe outcomes independent of age showed clear increased risk of poor outcomes (again not just death).

These issues associated with comorbidities is at this stage are preliminary but should be taken very seriously.

now whether society should completely shut down etc is another story and obviously debatable. But there are some initial signals (coupled with quick spread) that are concerning.

View attachment 113365

Well, you can either be bagdad bob or you can grasp what will be needed if we allow this thing to go unchecked because we can't get our heads out of our asses and realize this is a highly infectious disease. People are going to get infected, people are gonna need hospitalization. What are we going to do when our health care system can't handle anymore patients? Sitting there like bob is only going to make the spread easier. We are way behind on this and it's only just getting started here. What are people who can't get a hospital bed going to do? We don't know nearly enough but **** it, warm weather is coming.

It's not a big deal? Tell that to the people in Italy. Putting your head in the sand is only going to make the spread worse. It saddens me how short sighted some people are. People are getting sick all over the world but hey, lets listen when some doctor nobody's ever heard about says it's not a big deal.

More sensational absolutism. You either believe this is the worst viral plague to hit mankind in modern times, it will wipe out first responders, overwhelm all hospitals, lead to suffering victims being treated in the streets, and 1% of the entire global population is going to perish... or you're Baghdad Bob. *sigh*

Advertisement
Back