OT:NBA regular season suspended

Whoa....

No...I'm trying to walk you through understanding your L without insulting you.

And you keep screetching about what I posted in thise tables as "wrong" doesn't make you "right".

You just don't understand the data and what it means and infers.
From your site: "Patients who reported no pre-existing ("comorbid") medical conditions had a case fatality rate of 0.9%."

Advertisement
From your site: "Patients who reported no pre-existing ("comorbid") medical conditions had a case fatality rate of 0.9%."

That .9% figure is skewed upwards not only because of all the unreported cases, but also because of the (relatively) high mortality rate for the elderly. The mortality rate from covid-19 for healthy, young (under 60) people is comparable to a bad flu season (not zero, but statistically close to zero).

That .9% figure is skewed upwards not only because of all the unreported cases, but also because of the (relatively) high mortality rate for the elderly. The mortality rate from covid-19 for healthy, young (under 60) people is comparable to a bad flu season (not zero, but statistically close to zero).
The mortality rate reported for younger people (from China) is 0.2%. In South Korea it’s 0.1%. While yes, the flu death rate is about 0.1%, that 0.1% is also primarily older, and those with comorbidities.

The flu’s death rate for healthy young people is about 0.02%. Which means the coronavirus is 5-10 times worse with current numbers.

And remember there’s underreporting of the flu as well.

The mortality rate reported for younger people (from China) is 0.2%. In South Korea it’s 0.1%. While yes, the flu death rate is about 0.1%, that 0.1% is also primarily older, and those with comorbidities.

The flu’s death rate for healthy young people is about 0.02%. Which means the coronavirus is 5-10 times worse with current numbers.

As a point of comparison, you statistically have a .1% chance of dying from drowning this year as well. Also, of those younger people who died from Covid-19 in Korea and China, how many of them had pre-existing medical conditions? I don't believe those numbers have been broken down.

Last edited:
As a point of comparison, you statistically have a .1% chance of dying from drowning this year as well. Also, of those younger people who died from Covid-19 in Korea and China, how many of them had pre-existing medical conditions? I don't believe those numbers have been broken down.
Hmm well I think your number is wrong cause the lifetime odds of drowning are 1/5732 (.02%) from what I’ve found: https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/facts-statistics-mortality-risk

But I don’t disagree that the odds from dying from this are low for a young, healthy person. Empirical Cane was arguing that corona had a lower death rate than the flu, and he linked data proving that he was wrong haha.

Advertisement
Call me when US mobilizes our significant CSH or EMEDDS assets (exactly what China did in Wuhan). Let me know when Mercy and Comfort start taking patients in Baltimore Harbor.

View attachment 113368
I know you're banned an all but I'm sure you're reading this anyway. Trump just ordered a hospital ship to NY Harbor. It took less than a week.

baghad-bob-brian-williams.jpg

You don't appear to gave the first grasp of even how to read the data that I, and others, posted.

Let me try and help:

The cohort table I shared shows the immuno-comprimised death rate for all ages. The .9% you keep flapping about for the young were those very young at risk for a bad outcome--not the healthy.

Furthermore, ypu do understand how DIME is calculated right? D is the ONLY close to as factual number you have because, well, YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL DEAD BODY TO COUNT (respect IJJB). I, M, E fluctuate quite a bit, and are ALWAYS understated.

ALWAYS. Why is this important? BECAUSE IT ARTIFICIALLY ELEVATES the "death rate". If the actual I, M, Es were known or at least better counted, particularly the I, and M (E doesn't always convert to D, but 99% do).

So, if they are reporting .9%, 10%, ffs 50% "death rate", then they better have either have 100% I, M, and E counts or there better be a ton of Ds found laying on the street or in their homes collapsed and gone.

So, all the death rate you have been quoting, is a basic, but OVERSTATED benchmark (same for flu season each year).

Hopefully this will help calm your severe case of the vapors.

PS Has there been a SINGLE report in US of corona virus death in street or someone found dead and cold at home?

Now granted, this spreads in LA homeless community, watch out--for them.

Healthy people, by almost every single GLOBAL account, it's a bad cold/flu.
It's more than that. What people fail to realize is the slow incubation period and the large % of asymptomatic cases, combined with insufficient testing measures. For all we know this thing is all over North America right now and in 1-2 weeks we're in full-fledged Italy mode where everything is shut down, patients are being treated in the hallways of hospitals, equipment and medical care are scarce, medical personnel are getting sick themselves or collapsing from dehydration and exhaustion, and patients are living and dying based on who gets access to limited oxygen.

The Simplistic Angry Male is suffering from an even worse condition - Ostrich Neck Syndrome. And no one has it worse than Great Leader Trump who's too chicken**** to call for social distancing (which I've been practicing for weeks already) and risk his precious economy tanking even harder, costing him the 1 political tool he can exploit for personal gain in the upcoming election.

And no I'm not American and in Canada we're being fed the same prevarications - "the risk is LOW" they say. So if you want a conspiracy how about the conspiracy of wiping out the elderly population to remove their pensions and burden on the health care system? There's something for Empirouette Cane to twirl about.

Be careful with the personal attacks.

Dont hate me because I'm right.

I know you're banned an all but I'm sure you're reading this anyway. Trump just ordered a hospital ship to NY Harbor. It took less than a week.

baghad-bob-brian-williams.jpg

To sit and do.....

wait for it....wait for it.....

Very little in actual assistance except more TDY for assigned personnel.

Ever been on Mercy or Comfort?

I have.

Advertisement
Mark these very tragic words...

The suicides as a final result of economic harm and job loss over the next 12-24 months will exceed the United States' death rate for COVID-19 (aka SARS-CoV-2).

Totally avoidable, absolutely heartbreaking for those families and loved ones.

You were saying?

PS at over 1.5B routine global flu tests annually, far less under reporting of that disease vector than COVID-19 would ever be. Under reporting (for flu) for sure, but the magnitude between the two eliminates your entire argument above.

Advertisement

And for the cheap seats...👆👆👆👆👇👇👇👇👇👇

Advertisement
PS at over 1.5B routine global flu tests annually, far less under reporting of that disease vector than COVID-19 would ever be. Under reporting (for flu) for sure, but the magnitude between the two eliminates your entire argument above.
Did you really just say 1.5 billion flu tests are given annually... how ******* stupid are you. Literally everything you say is pulled out of your ***

You were saying?

Dude do you know how to read? That says the death rate is higher than what I was saying you ******* ******.

In South Korea it was 0.1% for younger people. In this article it’s reported as 0.3%. I wasn’t going by WHO numbers.

You truly must have dementia.

Did you really just say 1.5 billion flu tests are given annually... how ******* stupid are you. Literally everything you say is pulled out of your ***

In the UNITED STATES alone, a routine flu season will see ~40,000,000 yes thats 40 million flu tests administered. The rest of the world brings that number up to ~750,000,000 PER YEAR, and then patient data is longitudinally post-illness analyzed via databases to bring the de facto total to.....wait for it......wait for it....

~1,500,000,000 (that would be 1.5 billion).

PS. I may be ******* stupid...isnt that right @IndayArtHauz?

You should really slow down the personal attacks and all.

Dude do you know how to read? That says the death rate is higher than what I was saying you ******* ******.

In South Korea it was 0.1% for younger people. In this article it’s reported as 0.3%. I wasn’t going by WHO numbers.

You truly must have dementia.

I'm not certain you understand how to read whole tables and data. It's ok.

Advertisement
Back