OT: Most amazing golf shot I've ever seen

Advertisement
Advertisement
How many of you guys can tell me why they didn't hold this tournament two months ago? and no the answer is not covid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I skipped one a few months ago playing with my boss and 2 coworkers and it skipped twice, hit a rock, hit the lip of a sand trap and landed 10 feet from the cup. I knocked it home for birdie. If I aced it I would have walked off and bought lotto tickets.

Advertisement
How many of you guys can tell me why they didn't hold this tournament two months ago? and no the answer is not covid.
Bentgrass greens can’t take that heat in the Summer. ANGC is only open from October to May I believe. Course looks like a war zone in the Summer if you’ve ever seen pictures of it.

Last edited:
The pros are on another level when you compare pros of one sport to the average joe. I remember the videos of tiger bouncing the ball on his club like nothing. I hit line drives with every **** iron can’t even get a wedge shot in the air and this guy is manipulating shots to skip over water like a rock for a Hole in one.

Bentgrass greens can’t take that heat in the Summer. ANGC is only open from October to May I believe. Course looks like a war zone in the Summer if you’ve ever seen pictures of it.
I have seen them, it's like a goat track. I ran a 27 hole golf course here in Charleston for a little while and one of the regular salesmen told me when he was delivering there they'd tell him to just drive up the fairway to get to the maintenance shop. The rates that they overseed at there are crazy. My mentor at the time told me about a 18 hole course he ran in Georgia where he had a 2.5 million dollar budget and 70 employees. The best I could get was 850k and maybe up to 20 employees for a much larger course. I can't imagine the pressure at courses like that and Augusta. I enjoyed working at a muni.

I have seen them, it's like a goat track. I ran a 27 hole golf course here in Charleston for a little while and one of the regular salesmen told me when he was delivering there they'd tell him to just drive up the fairway to get to the maintenance shop. The rates that they overseed at there are crazy. My mentor at the time told me about a 18 hole course he ran in Georgia where he had a 2.5 million dollar budget and 70 employees. The best I could get was 850k and maybe up to 20 employees for a much larger course. I can't imagine the pressure at courses like that and Augusta. I enjoyed working at a muni.
I’m sure the maintenance budget at Augusta is insane considering they basically rebuild the course every year. They have guys trimming with scissors there for crying out loud. I’ve seen the figures at my club and it’s up there. People really don’t know how much work goes into course maintenance. Those are the same guys complaining about why they have to punch greens.

Advertisement
Back