OT: Moorhead’s Offensive Philosophy

Advertisement
Very good article and very good explanation of newer RPO concepts. It's not a play call, it's an offense. Every run call has options, every pass call has options. Same personnel, different formations. I think this is the direction Mark Richt is trying to take his offense in.

Very good article and very good explanation of newer RPO concepts. It's not a play call, it's an offense. Every run call has options, every pass call has options. Same personnel, different formations. I think this is the direction Mark Richt is trying to take his offense in.

“So with us never switching personnel, we can align in three different formations with the tight end attached, we can align in two different formations with the tight end detached, and then we can line up in three different empty[-backfield] formations. And we haven’t taken anybody out of the game.”

I wasn't aware at the time, but as I'm re-watching the Syracuse game, I'm seeing us in 3 wide with Herndon attached and Homer beside Rosier in the gun, 3 wide with Homer and Rosier in gun with Herndon in the H-back, 4 wide with Herndon occupying one of the slots, and 5 wide empty with both Homer and Herndon split out wide.

Multiple formations. Same personnel.

“So with us never switching personnel, we can align in three different formations with the tight end attached, we can align in two different formations with the tight end detached, and then we can line up in three different empty[-backfield] formations. And we haven’t taken anybody out of the game.”

I wasn't aware at the time, but as I'm re-watching the Syracuse game, I'm seeing us in 3 wide with Herndon attached and Homer beside Rosier in the gun, 3 wide with Homer and Rosier in gun with Herndon in the H-back, 4 wide with Herndon occupying one of the slots, and 5 wide empty with both Homer and Herndon split out wide.

Multiple formations. Same personnel.

I see how the offense will be manipulated in the future and I can't wait. We'll be hard to stop in the future. We're just a few pieces away. It's going to be beautiful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back