OT: Mizzou Caught Cheating

Advertisement
proxy.php

Yeah. She sure looks like an honest soul. Maybe she should look to the book she follows for solid guidance.

Advertisement
I am hoping this doesn't come back to implicate coach Kool, since dlinemen often tend to be the weakest group academically. Football and men's Basketball are the only two revenue generating college sports so her purposely mentioning revenue sports is foreboding. It also sounds like she has a MAJOR AGENDA, so this also needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

NCAA investigating alleged academic fraud at Mizzou | The Kansas City Star

NCAA investigating alleged academic fraud at Mizzou
A former University of Missouri tutor has blown the whistle on alleged academic fraud within the school’s athletic department.

Three months after closing an investigation into improprieties within the men’s basketball program, Mizzou announced Tuesday evening that it is under investigation again for potential NCAA rules violations.

ADVERTISING
According to a statement from the athletics department, “The University of Missouri has received allegations of potential academic rules violations by a former tutor in the Athletics Academic Services area. Consistent with our commitment to rules compliance and to operating our athletics program with integrity, we are conducting a review of the allegations. We also have informed the NCAA who is working with us on this matter. To protect the integrity of the review process, we will not comment further at this time.”

The statement did not mention any specific programs or the scope of the alleged academic misconduct, but former tutor Yolanda Kumar detailed some of the potential academic fraud in a post on her private Facebook account Tuesday afternoon.

When reached by The Star, Kumar confirmed the authenticity of the post, in which she alleges that she took or assisted with entrance exams and completed classes for student-athletes. She also apologized to her friends for her role in the alleged academic fraud.

Here is the full text of Kumar’s social-media post:

“I have knowingly participated in academic dishonesty in my position as a tutor at the University of Missouri-Columbia Intercollegiate Athletic department, which is not limited to assistance with assignments. I have taken and assisted with entrance assessment, completed entire courses, and I been present to provide assistance with online assessments. It was encouraged, promoted, and supported by at least two Academic Coordinators for athletes in revenue generating sports, however, the wide spread desperation to succeed by other student-athletes at the bottom of an inverted pyramid of the organization’s construct cross (sic) multiple sports. I self-reported on November 2 and naively wanted to close the door on the manner after seeking counsel. I immediately resigned from my position on November 7 prior to meeting with a member for compliance, general counsel, and an individual that reports to the chancellor.

“You are able to see this post because I respect and honor your thoughts of me. I wanted you to hear it from me first. I apologize for disappointing you.

“I just can’t carry this burden anymore.”

News of Missouri’s latest NCAA run-in comes 10 months after the school announced self-imposed sanctions against the men’s basketball team stemming from a sham internship program and impermissible benefits received by players and their families at Tan-Tar-A resort at Lake of the Ozarks.

Third-year basketball coach Kim Anderson’s team was banned from the 2016 postseason and forfeited two scholarships among the self-imposed sanctions, which the NCAA accepted in closing the case in August.

It’s unclear if any current players are involved in the new investigation, but the revenue-generating sports in college athletics are football and men’s basketball.

“While we recognize that there will be many questions regarding this situation, these investigations take time to ensure that we do it the right way,” Mizzou athletic director Jim Sterk, who was hired in August, said in a statement. “As always, our mission is to uphold the highest standard of academic performance and ensure the proper conduct with all of our programs.”

The Fighting Irish also were placed on probation for a year and fined $5,000, but in that case the cheating was orchestrated by a student athletic trainer unbeknownst to school officials.

If Kumar was pressured into performing academic work for student-athletes rather, as the post implies, the punishment for Mizzou could be much worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao, she "just can't carry the burden anymore." What burden? How could this possibly be some tramautic experience, you helped kids take a test...and it was your choice...oh, the horror!!!

Oh no! Missouri is going to get sanctions and suck at football. Oh wait...

After reading her wonky statement, I'm convinced those retards would have scored higher in their classes without her. That's like having Beetlejuice cheat for you.

Advertisement
Was this the reason Kul left?
That and getting fired by the new HC Odom.

They have so many issues. RUMORS are that yes, Odom let him go but that was mostly due to the fact that I think Kool wanted to be the D-Coordinator and him and Odom didnt see eye to eye. Odom was the D-Coordinator for 1 year under Pinkel before he got the HC job. He is an alum and after the black student protest and many other issues I dont think they had many options for a HC.

It is also rumored that Kool left on very bad terms. Supposedly sent out their entire defensive playbook to all the SEC schools. I find this hard to believe but it is a very serious rumor and nobody has denied it including their inside beat writer who is reliable. I guess it was really ugly and Kool was the one that looked bad when it was said and done.

Anyway, glad that happened because he is a tremendous fit down here. I also think because of this rumor he is probably not going anywhere as a D-Coordinator anytime soon.

Advertisement
Was this the reason Kul left?
That and getting fired by the new HC Odom.

They have so many issues. RUMORS are that yes, Odom let him go but that was mostly due to the fact that I think Kool wanted to be the D-Coordinator and him and Odom didnt see eye to eye. Odom was the D-Coordinator for 1 year under Pinkel before he got the HC job. He is an alum and after the black student protest and many other issues I dont think they had many options for a HC.

It is also rumored that Kool left on very bad terms. Supposedly sent out their entire defensive playbook to all the SEC schools. I find this hard to believe but it is a very serious rumor and nobody has denied it including their inside beat writer who is reliable. I guess it was really ugly and Kool was the one that looked bad when it was said and done.

Anyway, glad that happened because he is a tremendous fit down here. I also think because of this rumor he is probably not going anywhere as a D-Coordinator anytime soon.

Thanks for the insight. I forgot that he was fired, but these situations are always more layered than they seem.

Advertisement
Back