OT: Miami Herald Access

SPAMM

Redshirt Freshman
A few years ago, I encountered the problem that the Herald would limit access to articles. At that time, someone suggested going Incognito, which I had been successful. However, it now seems that they are able to track my Incognito windows. Is there another workaround or is this a case of technology catching u?. I will have to rely on others to cite them

Advertisement
You could try an extension like Ghostery(chrome) that blocks cookies and limits websites ability to track you. I also use Adguard Adblocker to block advertisements from loading. I turn it off for sights I want to support, like this one.

Advertisement
I'd reccommend getting "Ublock Origin" (make sure its Ublcok origin, not the other one called ublock). It uses 1/3rd of the processing power that Adblock or Adblock plus does. And if you use it you won't even need Ghostery either because it also has privacy protection built in. And it has an anti-adblock filter so you wont be annoyed by sites that have popups telling you to turn off your adblocker. Easily the best adblocker there is imo. And its all free obviously. And of course you can whitelist whatever sites/youtube channels you'd like.

I wouldn't block all cookies or anything. But if you want to change your cookie settings on chrome go to advanced settings, then content settings, you'll be able to adjust it.

^^ I'll definitely give it a try.

if you choose UBlock Origin, the 3rd party filters I have on are:
-Network Filters: Everyting except "Experimental" and "Unbreak". Unbreak is fine to use if you want, but don't use the other.
-ADs: Everything except "Easylist without element hiding rules".
-Privacy: Everything
-Malware Domains: Everything
-Social: At least Fanboys annoyances. If you don't like seeing any twitter/facebook icon **** you could use them all i guess.
-Multipurpose: using all of these will probably slow down the adblocker. Personally I only use Hphosts ad and tracking and peter lowes ad and tracking.
- Regional: None, unless you use chinese sites and **** I guess..

Advertisement
Thanks for all the reasonable and informative responses. It's a 21st Century version of helping an old man across the street. I guess I should arrange them in a LOTUS 123 spreadsheet. :sneakiness:

Advertisement
Back