OT: Maryland beating Texas 4th Qtr

Advertisement
Don’t you have a better response than that?

Maryland grad here and been living in the area for a few years.....Terps are not an extremely talented team, but they
do have some good athletes. Good speed at the skill positions and decent sized OL and DL.
Their problem these last few years have been injuries.
It's been crazy, especially at the QB position.
One year they even had to move a backup LB to starting QB.
Another problem they have is they lose alot of local prep talent to other Big10, ACC and SEC schools.
But what they have on roster is not bad.
They need to stay healthy.

Too bad Patterson had no interest. He would have been very successful in Miami.

Exactly. Patterson wasn't leaving TCU at that time, especially with Miami being a train wreck organizationally. If Miami was to come calling now, I think Patterson would actually take the call. That said, some guys are happy being legends in their own place. Patterson will go down as the architect of TCU football, even though Dennis Franchione did a lot of the heavy lifting. Patterson has taken TCU back to the big time, and for that he's going to likely stroll into the CFB Hall of Fame.

Exactly. Patterson wasn't leaving TCU at that time, especially with Miami being a train wreck organizationally. If Miami was to come calling now, I think Patterson would actually take the call. That said, some guys are happy being legends in their own place. Patterson will go down as the architect of TCU football, even though Dennis Franchione did a lot of the heavy lifting. Patterson has taken TCU back to the big time, and for that he's going to likely stroll into the CFB Hall of Fame.
He does more with less than anyone....

Advertisement
Maryland grad here and been living in the area for a few years.....Terps are not an extremely talented team, but they
do have some good athletes. Good speed at the skill positions and decent sized OL and DL.
Another problem they have is they lose alot of local prep talent to other Big10, ACC and SEC schools.

Nobody cares about your turtles, Carlos. Fight me.

That Terp Frosh WR from Fort Myers looked like a super star.
IF Hightower and Pope are better than that guy then we truly have ourselves some studs.

Advertisement
It's funny to see Canada doing good after being fired from LSU. Guess he wasn't the problem with that offense

It’s common knowledge with LSU fans that coach O dictated whT they would run as an offense. This clearly conflicted with Canada since he is a guy who loves pre snap movement/motion, etc. Coarch O gonna coarch. I’m hoping for the same plodding offense tonight. Their OC is a journeyman positional coach with very little playcalling experience.

Thank you for this information MedleyCane.

My point to the other poster is more to the effect Texas is overrated, coaching and talent. The Terps have some players, like the WR taken 1rst round this past April. The Maryland-Texas game is more even than presumed. Texas is not ‘much more talented’. Durkin last season and the interim HC outcoached Herman this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I always thought that he did have interest and he did throw his hat into the ring?

I’ve read Patterson has some deal with local oil moguls that will kick in if he stays at TCU until he retires. No sources, just internet chatter FWIW. It would explain why he’s never left. You know he must have had numerous inquires over the years. He’s too good a coach not to be called by the top P5 programs.

And, TCU does pay him top dollar, $4.75M/year.

Last edited:
Don’t you have a better response than that?
I don't need one. Texas had two top 10 classes Strong's last two years. A top 25 class in between coaches and 3rd last year with Herman.

Not to mention Texas high school football is leaps and bounds above Maryland.

It's common sense. Texas has one of the most talented rosters in college football and Maryland is a below average big ten team

He does more with less than anyone....

He relies on guys growing through a 4 year span, he's a master at talent development. That said, that methodology does have some drawbacks if you want to win titles. I'm a huge fan of Patterson, and I think he's the kind of guy that could win at a big level at a school like Miami. That said, I also have my reservations about him dealing with the egos of a place like South Florida. Would he be a good cultural fit? He isn't going to play games in recruiting, but he's a **** good judge of talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back