OT: LSU

The US District Judge is a LSU alum and his twin brother wrote a book about LSU Football. Clearly, Vidal and Rohan will not be brought in to this.

So with this and the wiretap, Emmett chose to investigate Kansas

Probably his covert way of taking the eyes and attention off of his beloved LSU, err I mean NCAA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't the total Shapiro thing amounte to like 90 grand? Several players over several years to the grand total of 90 gs and here this is ONE kid and TWICE that amount and not a peep out of Yahoo, ESPN OR Sports Illustrated? Don't EVER tell me they don't all have it out for The U.

Didn't the total Shapiro thing amounte to like 90 grand? Several players over several years to the grand total of 90 gs and here this is ONE kid and TWICE that amount and not a peep out of Yahoo, ESPN OR Sports Illustrated? Don't EVER tell me they don't all have it out for The U.

Yes, but, they calculated the value of the simple entering the VIP of a club at $500. A bottle of Grey Goose was valued at $800

The ride on Shapiro's boat was probably valued at $15,000 even though everyone in the picture by the date stamp on it had either left early or graduated.

So ridiculous. The evidence presented could have been used by both sides: prosecution shows a bad looking pic on a yacht with players; defense says "but the date." So blatantly biased against Miami.

In the real world that pic is never seen because it's evidence only that about 5 ex miami football players were on a boat after they were no longer students at the school. It got spun to be something it wasnt.

Advertisement

gotta remember, when that dropped it was still a huge deal (remember USC scandal too was a big deal). now, no one cares bc everyone accepted the fact that these kids are getting paid.

NOT Surprised at all!!! I'm extremely certain that the same happens at Alabama, Clemson, UF, FSU, USC, Georgia, OSU, Texas, etc., etc. The key question is whether anything will come of it. DOUBT IT!!!!!
Nothing will happen because most of the retired NCAA Board Members go to the SEC schools to sit on their boards. Articles written about that even said Alabama get's off too easy with dirt because they are protected and other programs are willing to turn the blind eye and swear to secrecy!

It's the Good Ole Boy fraternity of the South! If you are not in and you ***** up, your *** is grass!! And they view Miami as the complete opposite! They can't wait to ***** us off minor infractions!

Two things: Does the NCAA have jurisdiction to interview the former player?

And pertaining to this...

"It is unclear whether those who received money from Funes will be targeted by the feds. But sources familiar with the case say that is not likely"

Is it not against the law to receive money like this and not declare it? Couldn't they get the father for tax evasion?

The NCAA is not a government body, therefore no jurisdiction. Over anyone. Ever.

Yes, unreported income on part of father and misuse of charitable funds on Funes.

Advertisement
Back