OT: liberal tears getting some foresight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why do some of you guys want to bring politics into this board so much.

That article is garbage. The reason Trump won is because he was able to flip PA, MI, and WI. The primary issues in those states were illegal immigration and lost manufacturing jobs (i.e. free trade agreements), not legalization of Marijuana, LGBT issues, or reproductive rights. If anything, the Republican base actually rejected the establishment's family values and bible thumping platform.

Just some polls that would suggest that immigration was a key issue:

From an NBC poll earlier this year, it was estimated that 41% of registered republicans believe that Obama was born outside of the US (I'm a part of the 59% BTW - Also, even if he wasn't born in the US [which he was], he is still considered a natural born citizen because his mother was a US citizen at the time of this birth).

From a CNN poll from last year, it was estimated that 43% of registered republicans believe that Obama is a Muslim. Not that it would matter at all if he was or is a Muslim, pretty shocking number.

Also, if you think the liberal wing of the Democratic Party is dead, think again. They are gearing up and doubling-down on their efforts. Young people have been pretty jaded for the last 6 years or so.... I think that old beast is about to rear it's ugly head in 2018..

Couldn't disagree more that this article is an horrific, self-serving scenario of the American Political System...Absolutely doesn't belong on these hallowed pages of CanesInSight...

Advertisement

That article is garbage. The reason Trump won is because he was able to flip PA, MI, and WI. The primary issues in those states were illegal immigration and lost manufacturing jobs (i.e. free trade agreements), not legalization of Marijuana, LGBT issues, or reproductive rights. If anything, the Republican base actually rejected the establishment's family values and bible thumping platform.

From an NBC poll earlier this year, it was estimated that 41% of registered republicans believe that Obama was born outside of the US (I'm a part of the 59% BTW - Also, even if he wasn't born in the US [which he was], he is still considered a natural born citizen because his mother was a US citizen at the time of this birth).

From a CNN poll from last year, it was estimated that 43% of registered republicans believe that Obama is a Muslim. Not that it would matter at all if he was or is a Muslim, pretty shocking number.

Also, if you think the liberal wing of the Democratic Party is dead, think again. They are gearing up and doubling-down on their efforts. Young people have been pretty jaded for the last 6 years or so.... I think that old beast is about to rear it's ugly head in 2018..

don't nitpick and change the subject, this has been a long time coming it didn't just happen over night in 3 states which IRONICALLY, PA the state that ORIGINALLY had the declaration of independence signed comes in some 200 years ago comes back on 2016 in the clutch once again

To all my brothers and sisters that have served or still serving, thank you for your service.

Army Infantry and M.I., 94-99.

americafyeah_medium.gif

I like trump he keeps it a hunnit but that doesnt matter this is a football board and u cant change the mind of peoples opinions so its useless to debate whe the debate is over

don't nitpick and change the subject, this has been a long time coming it didn't just happen over night in 3 states which IRONICALLY, PA the state that ORIGINALLY had the declaration of independence signed comes in some 200 years ago comes back on 2016 in the clutch once again

I'm not changing the subject, but rather disagreeing with the premise of the article. After disagreeing, I posit my explanation for the win. After stating my reason, I provide two examples that show a fervent and irrational nationalist sentiment that partially explains my reasons (immigration, jobs lost to immigrants, and jobs sent overseas/over borders to non-Americans). Finally, I conclude that it would be foolish to argue that liberalism is dead. Mostly, because the Democratic establishment candidate lost, and the populist candidate (Bernie Sanders), may have beaten Trump. Whether it'll win the mid-term elections or the 2020 presidential, you better believe that the Dems are going to be moving to the left.

Also, you realize that Philadelphia, the city in which the Declaration of Independence was signed, went for Hillary by an 80% margin, right?

Thanks for playing.

Advertisement
Michael Moore of all people called this.

Trump went to bat for the little guy in those areas and they responded in kind.

I didn't vote for him but there are some interesting things on his 100 days checklist, interested to see what he actually tries to accomplish and what is just lip serivce (like any president).

haha i like how he got his stats from CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back