OT: Larry Coker wants his money....

Advertisement
We're talking like $400k per year for another 3 years for the guy that built their program. Excuse me if I side on ol Clappy's side here after we paid guys like Golden, Shannon and Perry Clark much larger sums after all they basically did was tear **** down here.

We're talking like $400k per year for another 3 years for the guy that built their program. Excuse me if I side on ol Clappy's side here after we paid guys like Golden, Shannon and Perry Clark much larger sums after all they basically did was tear **** down here.

He should be paid what he is owed just like Golden. Can't blame the coaches for it, the schools agreed to the contracts. Didn't we try some BS with Randy and his buyout? We try to play a Cane over a small buyout but we bent over real good for Golden, pretty lame. Hopefully they pay him in pennies or something.

He should be paid what he is owed just like Golden. Can't blame the coaches for it, the schools agreed to the contracts. Didn't we try some BS with Randy and his buyout? We try to play a Cane over a small buyout but we bent over real good for Golden, pretty lame. Hopefully they pay him in pennies or something.
Different AD's bud

Different AD's bud

Same President bud...

Advertisement

Different AD's bud

Same President bud...

Both coaches sucked

Different AD's bud

Same President bud...

Wait, Donna is still here?

Different AD's bud

Same President bud...

Wait, Donna is still here?

comprehension.png

You said it was the same President. Though they got released by different Presidents. You complained that Shannon got treated differently on his firing and buyout than Golden. Then someone says it was under different ADs. Your response was that it was the same president. Though the school had different presidents. So what am I missing?

Advertisement
You said it was the same President. Though they got released by different Presidents. You complained that Shannon got treated differently on his firing and buyout than Golden. Then someone says it was under different ADs. Your response was that it was the same president. Though the school had different presidents. So what am I missing?

I was referring to the buyouts and how they tried to jerk Shannon around over a small buyout much like UTSA is doing to Coker. I was saying they should pay him and any other coach what they are owed because that's what the schools agreed to. He said different AD's but the contracts of Randy and Al (with ridiculous buyouts) were both executed and signed by and under Shalala.

I was referring to the buyouts and how they tried to jerk Shannon around over a small buyout much like UTSA is doing to Coker. I was saying they should pay him and any other coach what they are owed because that's what the schools agreed to. He said different AD's but the contracts of Randy and Al (with ridiculous buyouts) were both executed and signed by and under Shalala.

The people doing the firings were different. They did not wait around until Shalala called up to tell them to fire Golden, nor did they sit there and ask her how to handle every detail. I am sorry, you are still wrong on this detail and no amount of pictures you look up to post will change that.

This just makes UTSA look very petty. In most states, there is a penalty to be paid if the employers fails to pay the buy out. Some times it is 3xs the amount due plus fees and costs.

Does anyone really know what the termination and buyout clauses say in any of the contracts being discussed?

Advertisement
Shame that these schools hire these hack coaches thinking they'll be a bargain and always end up stuck with a big bill when these clowns don't work out. IF IT'S In THE CONTRACT, THEY HAVE TO PAY UP, even when the whole program gets trashed by these incompetent bums. I just hope that we FINALLY LEARNED THIS LESSON after three straight hires of these duds and the program's complete destruction because of it. CMR has a tough job ahead of him, but I think we FINALLY GOT THE MESSAGE. However, it will take several years to get the Coker/Shannon/Golden stench off this team.

Advertisement

The people doing the firings were different. They did not wait around until Shalala called up to tell them to fire Golden, nor did they sit there and ask her how to handle every detail. I am sorry, you are still wrong on this detail and no amount of pictures you look up to post will change that.

You still are not getting it, I'm talking about who gave them, Randy and Al, the buyout, Shalala. Who fired them is irrelevant to what I was saying and I never disagreed with you on that. I know who fired them. My point being that Donna gave Randy bs over some little buyout but bent us over giving Al a ridiculous contract. Go back and read and think instead of getting ****y about my photo.

Last edited:

You still are not getting it, I'm talking about who gave them, Randy and Al, the buyout, Shalala. Who fired them is irrelevant to what I was saying and I never disagreed with you on that. I know who fired them. My point being that Donna gave Randy bs over some little buyout but bent us over giving Al a ridiculous contract. Go back and read and think instead of getting ****y about my photo.

I see what you are saying fwiw. Clearly no dog in the fight . . . But if you were around after Al's first season we all worried he was going to leave with the sanctions coming. He looked like he had promise then, so that could have played a role in his buyout.

Advertisement
Back