OT: Kiffin’s shot at Saban

Advertisement

Absolutely hilarious.

Kiffin was one of my top choices for HC when Richt retired. High risk, high reward, but what did we have to lose? If the NCAA ended up giving up the death penalty because Kiffin was playing SEC games under the watchful eye of the NCAA, so what? At least we'd have a legit excuse for not being more competitive.

I'm not going to dig through the archives but I distinctly remember many, many long time posters arguing with me and claiming that Kiffin would never get another P5 job and would end his career at FAU.

the only reason Kiffen went to Ole Miss .... one look at all the little honeys at The Grove before a game
and ol Lane was hooked like a hungry catfish !

coeds.png

Advertisement
Kiffin was one of my top choices for HC when Richt retired. High risk, high reward, but what did we have to lose? If the NCAA ended up giving up the death penalty because Kiffin was playing SEC games under the watchful eye of the NCAA, so what? At least we'd have a legit excuse for not being more competitive.

I'm not going to dig through the archives but I distinctly remember many, many long time posters arguing with me and claiming that Kiffin would never get another P5 job and would end his career at FAU.

Wouldn't have been against Kiffin, but there was a reason he wound up at FAU after being an assistant at Alabama and working to rebuild his career and reputation.

There's also a reason a wheeling-and-dealing ,bottom-feeding, shady SEC program like Ole Miss is who came calling—and no other major programs.

I'm certainly not sold on Manny—but not sold on Kiffin, either. There's a reason fan-favorites like he—and Leach—get tabbed for gigs in Boca Raton, Pullman, Starkville and Oxford.

The day a Florida State, or higher (in the college football pecking order) reels in a Kiffin or Leach, let me know—the Noles at least a team that can compete and win their division when good.

Ole Miss and Mississippi State will always be SEC West bottom-feeders, at best playing for fourth behind Alabama, Auburn, LSU, aTm, etc.—so they hire these carnival barkers and hype guys to help sell tickets and to make less desirable programs look more appealing. No one else out there takes Kiffin or Leach seriously.

Advertisement
Kiffin made Ole Miss fun to watch this year. Put up 35 on UF, 48 on Bama in their 2 biggest games with a severe talent gap. He's not a savant like people thought he was 15 years ago, but if we matched up with those guys he'd give Manny the business.

I chuckled reading that, but then my mind went to the Jermaine Dupri diss at the end of the song "Forgot about Dre" for some reason:

"And don't think I don't read your little interviews and see what you're sayin.
I'm a giant, and I ain't gotta move until I'm provoked.
When I see you I'm gonna step on you and not even know it,
You midget, mini-me with a bunch of little mini-you's
Runnin' around your backyard, swimming pools...."

Advertisement
Thought I heard a rumor that this was possibly Saban's last year at Baga? What if..................?

Wouldn't have been against Kiffin, but there was a reason he wound up at FAU after being an assistant at Alabama and working to rebuild his career and reputation.

There's also a reason a wheeling-and-dealing ,bottom-feeding, shady SEC program like Ole Miss is who came calling—and no other major programs.

I'm certainly not sold on Manny—but not sold on Kiffin, either. There's a reason fan-favorites like he—and Leach—get tabbed for gigs in Boca Raton, Pullman, Starkville and Oxford.

The day a Florida State, or higher (in the college football pecking order) reels in a Kiffin or Leach, let me know—the Noles at least a team that can compete and win their division when good.

Ole Miss and Mississippi State will always be SEC West bottom-feeders, at best playing for fourth behind Alabama, Auburn, LSU, aTm, etc.—so they hire these carnival barkers and hype guys to help sell tickets and to make less desirable programs look more appealing. No one else out there takes Kiffin or Leach seriously.
Why do we have to wait for other teams to validate a coach, he was down the street and we didnt even interview him.. That is gross negligence, look at the numbers on offense he has put up at ole miss.. There was no due diligence on our part and we hired someone who was temple level and paid them to take it..

Some of y'all sound crazy AF...the new Kiffin with a Saban makeover would've had Miami in the ACC Championship this year unlike our current coach. And He would've kilt it on the recruiting trail, kids love Lane.

Advertisement

Our defense was bad this year.
67th in total defense is not Hurricanes football.

Mississippi ranked last.

Dead.
Last.

127th....20 yards per game worse than any other team.
41 yards worse than the next p5 program.

Some of y'all sound crazy AF...the new Kiffin with a Saban makeover would've had Miami in the ACC Championship this year unlike our current coach. And He would've kilt it on the recruiting trail, kids love Lane.
UNC would have had 1,000 yards against Kiffin.

Advertisement
Back