OT Journey Brown RB Penn State

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Just discovered a Career ending health Issue. He was on the verge of getting drafted in 2021. It's so unfair when stuff like this happens to players like Journey and Ahmon with so much Talent. Can you imagine having the NFL ripped away from you due to a non football injury the season before you get drafted...
20201111_193640.jpg

Advertisement
Sucks to have any career cut short due to injury. Prayers up and best of luck in future endeavors for the kid.

Man that’s terrible for that kid. I was sort of following his career after I saw the ludicrous stats he put up in a HS game, like 700+ yards and 10 td’s and they won 107-90 or something crazy like that.

These young guys that have their dream ripped away - man that’s rough. But it’s better that they found that rather than something terrible happening on the field.

Rumor is his heart condition was found when they started to screen for COVID-related heart issues.

It's been known on the boards for a while. Someone claiming to be related to him put it out to the fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate Penn St. - but this sucks. Brown was gonna have a big year then be a high draft pick. He was a beast. I feel for him.

When you hear about otherwise healthy young athletes dropping dead, it's usually from undiagnosed hypertrophic cardiomyopathy causing aa heart attack. The good thing is that it doesn't impact life expectancy as long as you don't stress your heart too much.

It makes you wonder if it's not a good idea to add screening for the condition part of the protocol for being medically cleared for playing sports maybe even down to the high school level.

Advertisement
Undiagnosed heart issues + COVID complications is pretty much what the B1G was citing as their reason for shutting down the season. As much as it sucks for this kid, I'm glad we didn't find out because a student athlete passed away.

Tragic situation. You guys might look at his stats and say whatever he wasn't gonna have a long career anyway but you'd be wrong. I scouted all the RBs for the 2021 class and he was the best back I saw. I couldn't wait to get him on my Dynasty team. Dane Brugler also had him as his #1 RB. He's faster than Saquon, has terrific contact balance and was just scratching the surface with his positional skill.

It's sad that he loses his football career but it's also sad that the world doesn't get to see him play cause he's a very exciting player to watch.

Advertisement
how many ppl that have played football died from this condition while playing the sport?

Advertisement
Back