OT: Jarvis Landry to the Browns

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on it? Personally, I wasn't that bothered him leaving
I'm ok with the move, at least initially. This will give Parker more room to hopefully grow and Caroo/Grant can step into Jarvis' role, at a much cheaper price in my opinion. Getting 2 draft picks (one 2018 and one 2019) is a nice addition as well, and now we have some flexibility with the cap to make some other moves.

I'll withhold jugment pending the draft picks we receive as @Armycane910 mentioned, and what other moves we make with our newfound money

Advertisement
Juice is a stud. Also been an idiot since Lutcher. Bad locker room guy. But a **** of a ball player

Advertisement
I'm ambivalent about this because as much as I like Landry as a player and admire his passion for the game, something that DeVante Parker seems to have none of, he's simply not worthy of $16M a year, let alone $13M a year. He doesn't stretch the field and you honestly cannot say that the Steelers or the Patriots would have given him the type of money Cleveland assuredly is had he been on their teams. They'd trade him, too, I'm certain of it. I'd rather the team use its cap space on a linebacker and a guard.

Stills, Parker, Grant, and Carroo should be serviceable. I think Grant gets a huge uptick in reps from the slot and I'm anxious to see if he can be our version of Tyreek Hill.

Advertisement
. Duke Johnson has quietly become an effective weapon as both a runner and receiver, posting a positive DVOA in both categories last season. The 24-year-old might very well have served as a regular slot receiver for the Browns next season if they hadn't traded for Landry. With Johnson entering the final year of his rookie deal, it seems possible that Cleveland might not keep the Miami product around after this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back