OT:J Norman gets 75 Mil from Washington!

As a Cowboys fan I am so glad to see Washington spend a lot of money on a guy who will not be able to cover Dez

Lol, please make the playoffs then you will be allowed to speak with us. Tony can't throw to Dez when he is playing on crutches.

Advertisement
Washington needs help at a variety of positions and Snyder is known to overpay. That's on him, it is his money. Scot McGloghan is a well respected GM and that is the key for my Redskins. We made the playoffs last year and we going back again this year. BTW, when was the last time the Dolphins made the playoffs? I'll hang up and wait. Snyder may be dumb but he looks like a genius compared to Ross.

***** washington lol

Norman robbed them, reminds me of that oakland corner who got philly good. Same thing here watch
Nnamdi asomugha
He was actually good. Just bad scheme fit in Philly. Sometimes the scheme makes the player. At the same time, the redskins do what they always do which is think they can build by taking short cuts and overpaying. Same like the Dolphins been doing.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
great cb but overpriced.

He should have resigned with Carolina and still would have gotten paid. Oh....and been an actual super bowl contender. Greedy greedy greedy.

Advertisement
I don't get the Norman hate, or talk he's a system player. Have you seen their other cb's? They get abused weekly , they're literally trash .

How come that great DL don't help them the same way as Norman ?

Dude shut down **** near every top notch wr he covered this year.

That being said, I don't believe in paying CB that kind of money in this new , pass happy NFL . You need a few guys that can cover , not just one.

I don't get the Norman hate, or talk he's a system player. Have you seen their other cb's? They get abused weekly , they're literally trash .

That being said, I don't believe in paying CB that kind of money in this new , pass happy NFL . You need a few guys that can cover , not just one.

The only reasonable knock on him is his age. $50 mil guaranteed is a lot for someone too close to 30 than you'd like but if you're going to roll the dice then it's at least understandable that it'd be on an upper echelon DB.

Advertisement

The only reasonable knock on him is his age. $50 mil guaranteed is a lot for someone too close to 30 than you'd like but if you're going to roll the dice then it's at least understandable that it'd be on an upper echelon DB.

It's actually not $51m guaranteed unless the skins pick up the option in a couple years. That guarantee number is really closer to $35m which covers the next 2 years.

6 yrs 114 mil for a guy who wasn't even playing a position of need at the time

Norman signs for basically 15 mil a year, the Dolphins had 19 mil in cap and don't get in the game for him

Then Stephen Ross wonders why the Dolphins can't win ****...

Dolphins' fans should be pumped they weren't the team to bite this time around. As a Raiders' fan, I've seen this scenario far too often, as I'm sure Skins and Dolphins' fans have too. You just don't build winning teams through free agency. You might pick up a piece to compliment an existing group of players, but you just can't truly build a winner in free agency. You'll build a playoff team, maybe, but it'll cost you more than it's worth in the long run.

What Green Bay has done consistently, and Oakland is doing now should be the model, IMO. You get your top-dollar franchise cornerstones in the draft and grab quality vets on short-term front-loaded contracts in free agency as much as you can. Hold onto your draft picks and always try to leave yourself with as much cap space as you can.

Advertisement
6 yrs 114 mil for a guy who wasn't even playing a position of need at the time

Norman signs for basically 15 mil a year, the Dolphins had 19 mil in cap and don't get in the game for him

Then Stephen Ross wonders why the Dolphins can't win ****...

Dolphins' fans should be pumped they weren't the team to bite this time around. As a Raiders' fan, I've seen this scenario far too often, as I'm sure Skins and Dolphins' fans have too. You just don't build winning teams through free agency. You might pick up a piece to compliment an existing group of players, but you just can't truly build a winner in free agency. You'll build a playoff team, maybe, but it'll cost you more than it's worth in the long run.

What Green Bay has done consistently, and Oakland is doing now should be the model, IMO. You get your top-dollar franchise cornerstones in the draft and grab quality vets on short-term front-loaded contracts in free agency as much as you can. Hold onto your draft picks and always try to leave yourself with as much cap space as you can.

I agree the best way to build a stable franchise is through the draft. And yet there are certain franchises that seem to be drafting top 10 picks and still suck..like Cleveland, Detroit and the Rams and then are teams that pay boat loads of millions and still don't make the playoffs like the Phins, Bills, NYG and Dallas.

Advertisement
Back