OT Intramural Fields

Advertisement
we play flag football every thanksgiving and christmas eve and we are looking for a new place to play.

i was told that the intramural fields are open to anyone (i am an alum). is this true? does someone have a contact at the U that can verify?
I can get you a contact if u need
Edit: I work for the IMs

Advertisement
Not big on artificial turf baseball fields. Seen a lot of untimely injuries to heels & calves.
As a baseball guy, it does help eliminate bad hops in the infield dirt…but conversely, you’ll see some choppers take some wicked hops if they come off the bat weird. Happened for and against us all the time lol.

I don’t mind artificial turf but I’m a proponent of a dirt mound / batters box. Don’t turf those areas if you are going with turf.

Man I loved the intramural fields back in the day....

1000000115.jpg

Advertisement
you wont have an issue esp during the holidays when campus is dead empty. its really more of an issue during the semester.

Thanksgiving - they get a week off now so campus is basically dead by that Friday.

xmas - yeah no one will be around.

Advertisement
we play flag football every thanksgiving and christmas eve and we are looking for a new place to play.

i was told that the intramural fields are open to anyone (i am an alum). is this true? does someone have a contact at the U that can verify?
Nobody is gonna stop you.

Go play, have fun.

Don't pull a hammy.

Advertisement
Nobody is gonna stop you.

Go play, have fun.

Don't pull a hammy.
a hammy? at almost sixty i am more concerned about another ACL. one of the mid twenty year old "kids" tore a meniscus and an MCL last game. we were playing on turf, which i think produces more wear and tear on amateurs. this is the real reason i'm looking to change the situs.

I clicked this thread thinking that the Intramural Fields were closed 'cos they were in the way of our world-leading football facilities that are currently being built.

I'm disappointed.

I didn’t like norm in my personal interactions with him but I literally have never found anyone with a similar experience.
REALLY???

He was aloof I guess, but always very kind and polite from my interactions.

Bob was a hoot.

REALLY???

He was aloof I guess, but always very kind and polite from my interactions.

Bob was a hoot.
It was actually the start of the golden era when golden got permission to take over the upstairs basketball courts whenever he wanted. When it was raining it was cool but golden took it up for the team on zero notice early on a few weekends that wrecked our pickup basketball plans. I asked norm if they could post with some lead time and he basically said deal with it.

Advertisement
Back