OT Intramural Fields

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
we play flag football every thanksgiving and christmas eve and we are looking for a new place to play.

i was told that the intramural fields are open to anyone (i am an alum). is this true? does someone have a contact at the U that can verify?

Advertisement
we play flag football every thanksgiving and christmas eve and we are looking for a new place to play.

i was told that the intramural fields are open to anyone (i am an alum). is this true? does someone have a contact at the U that can verify?

What about Tropical Park?

Isn’t that open to the public and not to be destroyed by Ruiz World due to its importance to the community???

What about Tropical Park?

Isn’t that open to the public and not to be destroyed by Ruiz World due to its importance to the community???
Spit Take Lol GIF

Not sure if they are open to "anyone", but you might need to make a reservation.

1670002918066.png

A couple of caveats...

---do you have your alumnus "Cane Card"?
---not sure if you need to register with the Wellness Center
---not sure if they have yet started on any field renovations, it's my understanding that Cobb Field (track) would be moved next to the Music School to make way for Greentree shift and IPF expansion

I posted on the Baseball board, this is going on right now, converting to artificial turf:

1670002966585.png

Not sure if they are open to "anyone", but you might need to make a reservation.

View attachment 217638

A couple of caveats...

---not sure if they have yet started on any field renovations, it's my understanding that Cobb Field (track) would be moved next to the Music School to make way for Greentree shift and IPF expansion

I posted on the Baseball board, this is going on right now, converting to artificial turf:

View attachment 217639
Man I loved the intramural fields back in the day....

Advertisement
Yep.

Have you heard anything on The Light? I can't find official confirmation of whether we are going to artificial turf or not, but someone who posted on the FB page said that we were.
Good question, my buddy Vic sits on the HOF Committee...I use his seats when he can't make a game. Best seats at the Light, behind Homeplate. Ron Frasers daughter sits 2 rows behind me. I'll find out in a minute.

Advertisement

View attachment 217638

A couple of caveats...

View attachment 217639

Not big on artificial turf baseball fields. Seen a lot of untimely injuries to heels & calves.

Technically, even if you are alum and can prove it (i.e., Cane Card), if anyone in your group isn't, they can kick those folks out.

They *usually* do not enforce it though but they will on occasion. The likelihood is on those dates there won't be any Wellness Center employees to kick you out but I'd likely go somewhere else just to not avoid the hassle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Technically, even if you are alum and can prove it (i.e., Cane Card), if anyone in your group isn't, they can kick those folks out.

They *usually* do not enforce it though but they will on occasion. The likelihood is on those dates there won't be any Wellness Center employees to kick you out but I'd likely go somewhere else just to not avoid the hassle.
There wont be anyone around.

View attachment 217638

A couple of caveats...

View attachment 217639
thank you. i will call that number.

i will be the only person with a Cane Card but let's see.

given the proximity to my house, i prefer to play at the IM field. and to those that are about to say, "you said you lived next to the park", i grew up on 83rd ave next to the park and my parents still live there and i still visit and use tropical.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back