OT: Indian Wells Gets Cancled

Stylie

All ACC
Making it the first major sporting event in the US to get canceled because of the virus. I was supposed to going to this tourney. I had tickets for Wednesday and Thursday.

Advertisement
Making it the first major sporting event in the US to get canceled because of the virus. I was supposed to going to this tourney. I had tickets for Wednesday and Thursday.
My parents were going too. Crazy.

Advertisement
Nice. Best week of the year in the Jax area, hands down. Such a fantastic event!

Yeah I've been going the last few years. We used to do Sunday, but last year I tried Thursday and Friday instead and, to me, it was so much better. Far less crowded. And I prefer watching on TV on the weekend anyway, Sunday especially. So it'll be Thursday and Friday again this year. I can't wait, weather looks spectacular.

Advertisement
Look for a bunch of sporting events to be cancelled. In some instances they are still holding the event but not allowing any fans/audience. For example the F1 race in Bahrain is gonna happen in a couple weeks with empty stands.

Yeah I've been going the last few years. We used to do Sunday, but last year I tried Thursday and Friday instead and, to me, it was so much better. Far less crowded. And I prefer watching on TV on the weekend anyway, Sunday especially. So it'll be Thursday and Friday again this year. I can't wait, weather looks spectacular.
Agree. I don't like going on Sundays at all. Much prefer thurs/fri or Sat if you want a weekend round. My family and I love going on the practice rounds too. We take the kids and they have an absolute blast running up and down all the hills and getting balls from players, etc. Like a totally different event than tourney days. Chainsmokers are performing tomorrow night there. I'm going to take the troops and camp out on our favorite hill for the day and then migrate over for the concert.

I should show up anyway. Nadal will probably be there practicing because he’s hardcore, and not afraid of some virus.

Independent of the virus any chance to see him, Federer and Djokovic at this point is special in these times of their careers.

Do any non-tennis fans have any understanding as to the magnitude of what these guys have done for at least (in some cases) the last 18 years or so? It’s astounding.

Advertisement
Independent of the virus any chance to see him, Federer and Djokovic at this point is special in these times of their careers.

Do any non-tennis fans have any understanding as to the magnitude of what these guys have done for at least (in some cases) the last 18 years or so? It’s astounding.

Basically have 3 of the GOATs of tennis all playing at the same time

Will most likely never happen again

I was suppose to go there for a work event, had suites for the quarters and semis, would have gotten to meet Larry Ellison plus some players, not very happy right now

They’re incredible. I got to see all 3 in practice sessions last year at Indian Wells.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That sucks. Where were they coming from? I went last year. It’s a lot of fun.
Boise, ID. They had already decided to drive as of 2 days ago instead of flying (my mom has a really rare immunodeficiency and my parents are in their late 60s).

They've been going for a few years and loved it as well.

They’re incredible. I got to see all 3 in practice sessions last year.
Wow, I'm jealous!

Well said, @RemainMack , I hope people do appreciate how special this era of tennis has been. What fascinates me is that not only do we have 3 of the best to ever play all vying for titles at the same time, but they are all so incredibly different from one another. Different styles on the court, different personas off it. All very likable in their own way, but very few things similar across the three of them. That only further adds to the intrigue, IMO.

I have Masters tix and a mediocre hotel booked for three days that cost a fortune, I'm gettin' nervous....

There could be coronavirus breakouts all through Augusta; The Masters top brass will never cancel that event. No chance. Their egos are too out of control.

Advertisement
Back