OT: I'm Back

The power situation in PR has to be a horrible mess, especially considering that supposedly the power infrastructure was really old and in need of updating anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if many parts or most of the island won't have power for months.

Advertisement
Glad to hear you are good Jonny! Man PR just looks really bad right now. Hope the US can do whatever they can to help out over there.

When I want to hear/read about politics, there are lots of websites/stations that I can go to, including the WEZ and FLML.

However, I DONT want to read about politics here, this is a Canes football site.

Advertisement
Alright guys, so I'm back. On September 19th through Sept. 20th Hurricane Maria Cat. 4/5 hit me and my island of Puerto Rico. I'm sure you have seen the news, the island is devastated.

I am so hurt by the things I have experienced and seen the last week that I don't even know what to say. I'll have a video in the coming days on what I saw and what life is like in Puerto Rico.

I flew in last night with my family to Virginia to stay with my Uncle because right now me and my dad are in-between jobs and can't apply without power. Unfortunately, I won't be on the island to help rebuild it for at least a couple of weeks. But I promise you, Puerto Rico will not be defeated.

P.S. I haven't had power or telephone signal for the past week, so looking at my phone last night and seeing that FSU lost brought some much needed happiness to my life. I'm about to watch this Miami vs Toledo game. Can't believe we were losing at halftime and gave up so many points, but glad we won. Now lets beat Duke tomorrow!!

One week later and now Trump orders aid to PR. Yet for one week he has made a hundred tweets about the NFL. Just shows you where his priorities are.

WRONG dumbass,

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/21/president-donald-j-trump-approves-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/26/president-donald-j-trump-amends-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

As Lester Burnham mentioned, he is waiting to catch a plane ride to help, like a lot of the military is doing...The same military insulted by NFL millionaires sitting on their a$$es during the anthem...But I digress.

Ever run an Air Mobility Control Center? Military Sealift Command Port Operations Center? You do realize that its 1000 miles from Miami to San Juan, right? Everything heavy has to come via slow ships (they waivered the Jones Act to get more ships) and aircraft can't hold alot (the largest airlifters, C-5s Galaxys, are in an upgrade cycle and have reduced availability) and can only be unloaded by skilled personnel...If you can get them to the island. I have worked Hurricane, earthquake and other natural disaster relief and godspeed to my brother and sisters in arms racing to get help to our fellow Americans on Puerto Rico.

Let me guess, your experience with logistical movements is bringing home a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk from the store?

Welcome back man. Praying for the citizens of the United States and the entire island of Puerto Rico.

Advertisement
Alright guys, so I'm back. On September 19th through Sept. 20th Hurricane Maria Cat. 4/5 hit me and my island of Puerto Rico. I'm sure you have seen the news, the island is devastated.

I am so hurt by the things I have experienced and seen the last week that I don't even know what to say. I'll have a video in the coming days on what I saw and what life is like in Puerto Rico.

I flew in last night with my family to Virginia to stay with my Uncle because right now me and my dad are in-between jobs and can't apply without power. Unfortunately, I won't be on the island to help rebuild it for at least a couple of weeks. But I promise you, Puerto Rico will not be defeated.

P.S. I haven't had power or telephone signal for the past week, so looking at my phone last night and seeing that FSU lost brought some much needed happiness to my life. I'm about to watch this Miami vs Toledo game. Can't believe we were losing at halftime and gave up so many points, but glad we won. Now lets beat Duke tomorrow!!

One week later and now Trump orders aid to PR. Yet for one week he has made a hundred tweets about the NFL. Just shows you where his priorities are.

WRONG dumbass,

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...ump-approves-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...trump-amends-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

As Lester Burnham mentioned, he is waiting to catch a plane ride to help, like a lot of the military is doing...The same military insulted by NFL millionaires sitting on their a$$es during the anthem...But I digress.

Ever run an Air Mobility Control Center? Military Sealift Command Port Operations Center? You do realize that its 1000 miles from Miami to San Juan, right? Everything heavy has to come via slow ships (they waivered the Jones Act to get more ships) and aircraft can't hold alot (the largest airlifters, C-5s Galaxys, are in an upgrade cycle and have reduced availability) and can only be unloaded by skilled personnel...If you can get them to the island. I have worked Hurricane, earthquake and other natural disaster relief and godspeed to my brother and sisters in arms racing to get help to our fellow Americans on Puerto Rico.

Let me guess, your experience with logistical movements is bringing home a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk from the store?

Col. Jessup: Have you ever spent time in an infantry unit, son?
Kaffee: No, sir.
Col. Jessup: Ever served in a forward area?
Col. Jessup: Ever put your life in another man's hands, ask him to put his life in yours?
Col. Jessup: We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?
Kaffee: Yes, sir.
Col. Jessup: [slower and louder] Are we clear?
Kaffee: Crystal.

WRONG dumbass,

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...ump-approves-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...trump-amends-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

Col. Jessup: Ever put your life in another man's hands, ask him to put his life in yours?
Col. Jessup: We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?

Let me guess, You know everything about firefighting from Backdraft, train operations from Unstoppable and your love life from The Crying Game.

I know, I know. This is not a political or education board, but I remember interviewing at a "prestigious" medical school and one of the "well-educated" docs asked me if I had my green card were they to accept me. I had to subsequently go on a quick blurb about how Puerto Ricans are US citizens and blah, blah, blah. He followed it up with, "don't you need to apply to leave the island?"

I said to him, "You're in luck! All we need is a form of ID and a plane ticket! By the way, I grew up on the mainland!"

He didn't say anything else the rest of the interview. I got the offer, but went somewhere else.

Advertisement

WRONG dumbass,

Let me guess, You know everything about firefighting from Backdraft, train operations from Unstoppable and your love life from The Crying Game.

Close. I know everything about fire fighting from "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry," train operations from "Throw Momma From the Train," and my love life from "40 Year Old Virgin."

If only we had pant suit in charge, she could use her logistical experience from Benghazi.

Politics aside as the response can and will be judged by history once everything crystallizes but 1/2 of this country is pathetically unaware that Puerto Ricans are Americans. One day we should get around to the crisis of basic history/civics/geography education (or lack thereof) in our school systems. Sometimes that knowledge is actually more important to your ability to be an informed and responsible citizen as any STEM based learning.

That said, glad the OP is relatively well. I was actually getting concerned that my jokes about dedicating the FSU game to his memory were going to end up being a little tooooo edgy.

Except we're not doing great on STEM either.

But they still get all the money, so go figure

Advertisement
Glad you're ok. My friends here are heading up a Puerto Rico / Chattanooga organization to help. PR will bounce back.

Advertisement
Back